• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McD AA Game

Neither Parker nor Wiggins has really shown much so far.

The jerseys ruin the HD on my tv. #oldmancomment

Also, if the point of this game is to put the players on display, then why do they have jerseys where you can't see the numbers. The casual fan will tune out when they can't figure out who is who.

I say go one step further and put their last names in a little graphical "star"-shaped figure under their feet a la NBA Live.

Well this has been disappointing. Not even much in the way of dunks to keep the audience's attention. And Jay Williams is painful to listen to. And these jerseys are horrendous. I'm off to bed.

if, if, if....remember the good old days when a kid would sign with wake and his ranking dropped well just because he signed with wake. now wfu has a punch line for the national media as coach...what do you think will happen to young Mr. Mitchell's rankings???

if, if, if....remember the good old days when a kid would sign with wake and his ranking dropped well just because he signed with wake. now wfu has a punch line for the national media as coach...what do you think will happen to young Mr. Mitchell's rankings???

True. Mitchell's ranking will go in and out of a 4* and 5*. So unless you're a CP3 or Rodney where it's clear cut, a wake signee will struggle with rankings and McDonald's AA it appears

True. Mitchell's ranking will go in and out of a 4* and 5*. So unless you're a CP3 or Rodney where it's clear cut, a wake signee will struggle with rankings and McDonald's AA it appears
Right now, Shelton is:

21 on ESPN.com (Telep)
35 on Scout.com (Daniels)
48 on Rivals.com (whoever)

That's an aggregate ranking of about 35, boys and girls. With a big summer on the AAU / sneaker camp circuit, he could definitely vault up into the 20-30 range and maybe sneak into the McD's AA game.

Our goal is to win the right way with the right players. Regardless, we want the right players. If that's McDonald's AAs, then so be it. If not, deal with it.

Sincerely,
Ron Wellman

Right now, Shelton is:

21 on ESPN.com (Telep)
35 on Scout.com (Daniels)
48 on Rivals.com (whoever)

That's an aggregate ranking of about 35, boys and girls. With a big summer on the AAU / sneaker camp circuit, he could definitely vault up into the 20-30 range and maybe sneak into the McD's AA game.

He needs to be top 25 on ESPN and/or top 5 at his position to make the game. This was the first year in the last four that an ESPN 4* made the team.

He needs to be top 25 on ESPN and/or top 5 at his position to make the game. This was the first year in the last four that an ESPN 4* made the team.

Are the selections affiliated with, or run through, ESPN's recruiting service? My understanding is that McDonald's appoints a 37-man selection committee to choose the teams, which includes recruiting analysts, HS coaches, etc. I don't believe Dave Telep's own personal rankings (i.e., ESPN's rankings) are in any way dispositive or unduly influential as what the selection committee does. Telep at most is a member of the committee, and while his rankings might obviously influence those choosing, he's just one of many recruiting analysts who publish (star) rankings of HS players. There are plenty of former McD's AA who weren't "five stars" according to this or that recruiting service.

Last edited:
I don't think he was ever a 5-star. #5 PG, #44 overall in the final ESPN rankings.

2ljqc1s.jpg

I don't think he was ever a 5-star. #5 PG, #44 overall in the final ESPN rankings.

Here is what you get when you look up the 2012 McDonalds game roster, which I assume were the rankings when they sent out invitations:

8618905249_4abbd6dfab_b.jpg

His final ranking in the RSCI shows it was #44. 44th ranked players aren't 5-stars. Also, his profile page is still up there with the 4-star ranking. I think the McD's page is wrong.

ETA: His summer RSCI ESPN ranking is even worse at #69. He continually climbed up the rankings all year.

Last edited:
Back