• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McD AA Game

His final ranking in the RSCI shows it was #44. 44th ranked players aren't 5-stars. Also, his profile page is still up there with the 4-star ranking. I think the McD's page is wrong.

He surely wasn't 5 stars when the last ranking update was made to that class, but the number of 5* players is different every year for ESPN. There were 11 in 2010, 22 in 2011, 19 in 2012, currently there are 22 for the '13 class. Like I said earlier, Lewis could have been 5 stars when he was invited.

I expect Shelton's rankings across the board to trend upwards. Only getting quicker and more athletic. He didn't play on the CP3 17U team last year (JaQuel Richmond did), but will this time around. And if he continues to grow? Watch out.

Hand -- I think the point is that players make this game from a much broader range of just the literal top 24 players in any set of rankings. Check any year's roster and you'll see kids well outside the RSCI top 20 or top 25, including (gasp!) ESPN's rankings. In brief, there's really no authority for your position that someone has to be 5-stars at some mysteriously precise point in one (and only one) man's recruiting rankings to be invited to a game where the players are chosen by a wholly separate 37-person selection committee.

He surely wasn't 5 stars when the last ranking update was made to that class, but the number of 5* players is different every year for ESPN. There were 11 in 2010, 22 in 2011, 19 in 2012, currently there are 22 for the '13 class. Like I said earlier, Lewis could have been 5 stars when he was invited.

You're right that the number of 5 stars change but there are never close to 44 5 stars. It is also possible for a blip that he was ranked higher than that and then moved down but IMO I don't remember that being the case. NBD though.

Hand -- I think the point is that players make this game from a much broader range of just the literal top 24 players in any set of rankings. Check any year's roster and you'll see kids well outside the RSCI top 20 or top 25, including (gasp!) ESPN's rankings. In brief, there's really no authority for your position that someone has to be 5-stars at some mysteriously precise point in one (and only one) man's recruiting rankings to be invited to a game where the players are chosen by a wholly separate 37-person selection committee.

It's really not broad at all, it's the best players in the country minus those who are injured, aren't playing their senior year, or turn down the invite for whatever reason. It's overwhelmingly the top 4-7 players at every position, depending on how the positions line up with current recruiting rankings and who accepts the invitation.

Our player rankings tank. Only schools like UNC can get these borderline players in the game. Remember when Drew II, who was barely top 100, was a McD AA?

Nah, Larry Drew was ranked around where Tyler Lewis was... somewhere in the 40's. But people did say he didn't deserve it and he was a 4-star.

Nah, Larry Drew was ranked around where Tyler Lewis was... somewhere in the 40's. But people did say he didn't deserve it and he was a 4-star.

Was he? Rivals had him at 71 and Scout at 68. I have no clue his ESPN ranking. Either way, that's not McD AA territory.

Yeah he was #44 in the RSCI but was elevated by other recruiting services:

44 Larry Drew 67 48 71 59 22 45 29

I have read this 4 or 5 times and continue to LOL

I didn't say he deserved it. 4 or 5*, he's still ranked as the 5th best PG in that class, because it was a very weak class for point guards.

Isn't he around the 9th rated PG? I would guess he would need to signifigatly rise in skill, while a few drop.

5th ranked PG on ESPN and #21 overall which would be better than the two questionable PG selections that have been discussed on this thread. He is the #9 PG on Scout but still only #35 overall and within striking distance of 3 or 4 PGs.

it'll be a while before we see a Burger Boy in black and gold

We once had Ty Walker. One of the best all time recruits in Wake history. Tony Woods. Chas Fischer was a Parade AA. I mean TV, come on, we get them man.

We once had Ty Walker. One of the best all time recruits in Wake history. Tony Woods. Chas Fischer was a Parade AA. I mean TV, come on, we get them man.

Yes, let's take small sample sizes and extrapolate them to all of the rankings to back up our own agendas.

This is such an asinine comment that I don't know where to start. Why don't you do the research for the past 10 years and tell me how the top 10 players in each class turned out for me?

If you want to say that Wake Forest has hit on higher prospects than others then fine. To say that the rankings in themselves are all incorrect and way off-base is so stupid that I can't even fathom it.

Back