• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meanwhile In Colorado

CHillDeac

Reaction score
Post [Redacted], Tad Boyle is flying high.

Colorado won 20 games and went to the postseason for the third consecutive year last season, a historical milestone for a school which has long favored football over hoops. With, perhaps, his deepest and most talented team returning this season, coach Tad Boyle celebrated another benchmark Thursday when the school announced it had sold out its season tickets for the first time in the modern era.

Boyle has put together what has been billed as the toughest non-conference schedule in memory with games against Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Harvard, Colorado State, Air Force and more

and in year four Bz has resorted to scheduling a slate of cupcakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/colorado-sells-season-tickets-another-milestone-tad-boyle-195418344--ncaab.html

It would honestly not surprise me if Wellman and co. mentioned this to support Bz's program-building success.

Of course we should all be aware Bz built a strong foundation for his successor to prosper...However, Well Man and Bz both know that the best is yet to come for LOWF, you just have to be patient of course... "Oh Heavens Yes"

Couldn't be happier.

Program Building Foundation Setter = [Redacted]

I really hope [Redacted] is done with this foundation soon so he can leave and we can get on with the actual winning part of basketball.

Bz is more of an excavator that digs to bedrock. After that you bring in a guy to lay the foundation.

It would honestly not surprise me if Wellman and co. mentioned this to support Bz's program-building success.

From an article posted in another thread:

[Redacted] cites his pre-Wake resume when explaining why he believes so much in his coaching abilities. He directed the Denver Nuggets to the NBA playoffs in 2004, led Air Force to the NCAA tournament in 2006 and had the Falcons ranked 11th in the country when they faced Duke early in the 2006-07 season. He inherited a seven-win team at Colorado in 2007, and attendance increased as [Redacted] established a foundation for future success within that program, which returned to the NCAA tournament in 2012.

I hope we're not telling the recruits the same thing we're telling our fans. Hey, come to WFU and help us build a great foundation. We want you to lay the ground work for our future sucess! Take comfort in the fact that one day after you leave we will be a winner!

He inherited a seven-win team at Colorado in 2007, and attendance increased as [Redacted] established a foundation for future success within that program, which returned to the NCAA tournament in 2012.

told-you-so-o.gif

Post [Redacted], Tad Boyle is flying high.

Colorado won 20 games and went to the postseason for the third consecutive year last season, a historical milestone for a school which has long favored football over hoops. With, perhaps, his deepest and most talented team returning this season, coach Tad Boyle celebrated another benchmark Thursday when the school announced it had sold out its season tickets for the first time in the modern era.

Boyle has put together what has been billed as the toughest non-conference schedule in memory with games against Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Harvard, Colorado State, Air Force and more

and in year four Bz has resorted to scheduling a slate of cupcakes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/colorado-sells-season-tickets-another-milestone-tad-boyle-195418344--ncaab.html

After reading this diatribe, no wonder I (we) are so full of APATHY!!!

Did he have to build the foundation by tearing down the prior structure and digging such a deep basement?

I have ties to the Colorado program and I can assure you Buzz built no foundation. Colorado was ecstatic, but perplexed as to why Ron Wellman would "steal" a guy they were trying to get rid of. Ran off a lot of players, no personality, extremely unpopular with fans. Good ridance was the consensus.

Back