• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meditation

Jeff Fatt

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone here meditates with any regularity. If so, what results do you find? How did you get started?

yes. it rocks. started after some Buddhism classes at wake but realized I've always done it in my own way, usually while waiting for some bett Middler radical in the sea. waiting on my set and working on my base. It's best by the sea or in nature.

I do a yoga/Pilates class three times a week. It ends with 5 minutes of guided meditation. For me the class relaxes me but the meditation doesn't add to the experience. Those that lead the class often have said that the meditation is beneficial to your health. My issue with the meditation is that I sometimes drift off and begin thinking about what I need to do for work or the home.

I do a yoga/Pilates class three times a week. It ends with 5 minutes of guided meditation. For me the class relaxes me but the meditation doesn't add to the experience. Those that lead the class often have said that the meditation is beneficial to your health. My issue with the meditation is that I sometimes drift off and begin thinking about what I need to do for work or the home.

With increased practice in meditation, this is something that you should be able to avoid. At least that it the aim of sitting during zen meditation.

I'm curious if anyone here meditates with any regularity. If so, what results do you find? How did you get started?

I meditate first thing every morning. It usually starts with an offering to the porcelain deities.

With increased practice in meditation, this is something that you should be able to avoid. At least that it the aim of sitting during zen meditation.

I've been doing it for 1.5 years. I'm not sure I will ever achieve it.

I've been doing it for 1.5 years. I'm not sure I will ever achieve it.

Eh, there are a million different types of meditation. My personal belief is that what you are experiencing is not necessarily a bad thing during meditation (most people who meditate will probably disagree).

yes. it rocks. started after some Buddhism classes at wake but realized I've always done it in my own way, usually while waiting for some bett Middler radical in the sea. waiting on my set and working on my base. It's best by the sea or in nature.

while daydreaming about Leo's sexual conquests?

Between my yoga, religious meditation, and some general meditation I probably meditate every day if not a few times a day. Before meditation my sleep was even worse than it is now, my mental health is just better when I am on top of it.

Have done contemplative prayer, as well as some yoga and guided meditation. Good stuff, but for me, it takes a lot of time/work to get past the mind-chatter and get to the blissful state.

posted via Note 2

Mindfulness/mediation absolutely helps with anxiety. I don't do it as much as I should. I did download an app a while back called Nerva which promotes meditation focused on helping the gut/brain connection, which is interesting.

I don't feel like I've been able to get deep enough in meditation where you enter the vivid daydream like state, but have been close a couple times. When I first started, I got very uncomfortable in my own skin/head, as it was hard to totally block out racing thoughts about life, work, health, etc. Have gotten a lot better there. Lots of different breathing techniques, but the 4-7-8 one is a good one that works.

done meditation in a variety of ways I guess. I used an app for guided meditations in the morning or at night, recommended by my therapist. A soothing voice kinda guides you into relaxing. I did not really like this because it made me feel tired if I did it in the morning (probably because it works).

I do like guided meditation in the form of yoga. I am the least flexible man alive but I try it anyway. Breathing is such a big part of yoga and also meditation that really makes all the difference. Combine the physical activity and I feel like a newborn after a good yoga workout.

I have also done sensory deprivation floats, always have a hard time getting in the pocket with these but when it happens, it’s more like tripping than meditating, but also kinda cool

Back