• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meeting your future spouse at a bar

Problem for me is my future wife is only 17 right now, give or take a year. No worries, just got to play the waiting game.

Id like to think that meeting a chick at a rodeo would be at the top of any list. Rodeos are fucking awesome. Especially outdoor rodeos that segway into outdoor dance halls. Ah, Texas. I miss you.

I went to my first rodeo in Texas in March. It was a giant experience that was just mind-blowing to my little northerner mind.

Problem for me is my future wife is only 17 right now, give or take a year. No worries, just got to play the waiting game.

I don't know where mine is and I won't know for 9 years. I do know she is about to enter 8th grade.

Has anyone mentioned the viability of meeting your future spouse at a titty bar?

After all aren't they all working their way through law and med school?

Has anyone mentioned the viability of meeting your future spouse at a titty bar?

After all aren't they all working their way through law and med school?

The waitresses are fair game. My old roommate used to dj at a strip club and the drama with those crazy chicks is not worth the novelty.

Well I'm going to a beer festival tomorrow. *fingerscrossed*

self quote...

At the beer festival I met a guy I used to date, a guy I tried to date, a guy (my neighbor) who told me I looked like a girl he used date, and two guys who told me they surely knew me from somewhere. But no future spouse.

self quote...

At the beer festival I met a guy I used to date, a guy I tried to date, a guy (my neighbor) who told me I looked like a girl he used date, and two guys who told me they surely knew me from somewhere. But no future spouse.

well you never know! I'm thinking there just might be something to non-bar beer events... I met a great guy yesterday at a brewery tour... who knows if he's actually interested, but I def am!

Haven't read the whole thread but there are no rules in this area: whatever works for the two of you. These pick-up bars were never my scene but I've known seemingly very happily married couples who met in bars.

self quote...

your standard response to this should be, "well, I am a hoar."

Back