• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Memorial Day menu

Just took the steaks off the grill they are resting. Corn grilled in the husk and squash and zucchini sautéed in cast iron are finishing on the grill now.

Spinach, pine nuts, raisins, provolone, onion, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper. It's in our "grill this, not that" book.

That does sound really good and may have to give that a try soon. I'm not a fan of raw or even lightly cooked onions, so i may cook onions a bit first.

Our cookout was Sunday (Funday!) but we had SO much food...guac, black bean corn salad, hummus, spinach dip, onion dip, steak, chicken, burgers, sausages, grilled corn on the cob, green bean pancetta salad, Greek pasta salad, barley salad, sugar cookie fruit pizza, chocolate and PB brownies, ice cream sandwiches, and probably more I'm forgetting. Not to mention the two different kinds of sangria. Oy.

Oh it was. Nice char on the outside, and medium rare as you got closer to the middle. I'm sure the recipe is online somewhere.

Sounds tasty. I did a flank steak marinated in chimichurri sauce for about 6 hours. About 8 minutes on the BGE at 500 degrees and it was good to go. The wife made a beautiful orzo pasta with roasted corn, carrots and peas.

Our only issue was the spinach. After sauteing, you are supposed to squeeze as much liquid as possible out, but they were still too hot to the touch to fully drain them. It was a little thicker stuffing that we had planned so we couldn't roll it the intended way. IIRC, I cooked it around 4 minutes each on the bottom and both sides. This is the closest picture that I could find online, except ours was a little more done throughout and had some great grill marks on the outside.
spinach_stuffed_flank_steak2.jpg

I went out and bought a flank steak yesterday to get ready for this. Friday night and it is game on. Already excited. Good tip about squeezing the spinach out.

We had a Memorial Day pool party at the neighborhood pool. Burgers, dogs, cole slaw, baked beans, hash brown casserole, and watermelon. And plenty of Miller High Life (Champagne) to wash it down. Good times.

Sat I grilled 2 big ribeyes with coffee rub on the Egg at 700 degrees. Then at about 10pm I put a 9lb boston butt on and smoked it for 19 hours. I ate well this weekend.

Back