• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mens Basketball going to Seton Hall on Saturday, December 10th

Brendan207

Reaction score
Hadn't seen this posted. Would love to win on the road vs the Big East.

http://www.shupirates.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12600&ATCLID=205152647

OUTH ORANGE, N.J. - Seton Hall officially released its 2011-12 men's basketball non-conference schedule on Thursday. The Pirates will play 12 non-conference games with seven home dates at the Prudential Center.

Seton Hall's home games include the season opener vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday, Nov. 12, Yale on Tuesday, Nov. 22, Saint Peter's on Saturday, Nov. 26, NJIT on Tuesday, Dec. 6, Wake Forest on Saturday, Dec. 10 and Mercer on Sunday, Dec. 18.

The Pirates will host Auburn as part of the recently announced 2011 field for the BIG EAST/SEC Challenge on Friday, Dec. 2. The game will be carried by ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. Last season, Seton Hall lost to Arkansas, 71-62 at Louisville, in this event. The Pirates did however, go 1-1 against SEC opponents in 2010-11 with an 83-78 victory over Alabama in the opening round of the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam. This will be the first-ever meeting between Seton Hall and Auburn.

Pirates' road games include Dayton on Wednesday, Dec. 21 and Longwood on Friday, Dec. 23.

Seton Hall will also play three neutral site games as part of the 2011 Charleston Classic, Nov. 17, 18 and 20. The tournament bracket has not yet been announced, but participating teams include Georgia Tech, LSU, Saint Joseph's, Tulsa, VCU and Western Kentucky. An eighth participant has yet to be determined.

Complete times, television and radio information, as well as BIG EAST Conference opponent information will be announced at a later date.

To purchase season tickets for 2011-12 Seton Hall men's basketball at the Prudential Center, please call the Pirates' ticket office at 973-275-HALL.

Other Confirmed Dates / Opponents
November 24-27, 2011 - Old Spice Classic (3 games; Field includes Minnesota, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Dayton, DePaul, Fairfield, Sycamore) in Orlando, Florida.
at Nebraska (ACC / Big Ten Challenge)
home vs Richmond

Last edited:
So we know we are going to Seton Hall and to Nebraska. Also if as reported, we should be heading out to Gonzaga & have the tourney in Florida. With no home game vs Xavier, who is coming to the Joel in non-conf that isn't considered a "cupcake"?

Richmond should be coming.

The Gonzaga contract was for 4 games? I thought it was only for 2.

I thought Zags were only 2 too, but remember Chrispy saying it was 4 on the "old" board.

He's probably right. I have looked in the past for the article announcing the original deal and never found it.

It's weird that [Redacted] didn't try to get Seton Hall to come here for the first game of the series. Next year our schedule will probably be loaded with homes games. Hell, off the top of my head we may not even have a serious OOC road game since the deal with Richmond isn't just a home away (I don't think it is anyway, I think it's home home away or something like that, though I could be wrong).

He's probably right. I have looked in the past for the article announcing the original deal and never found it.

It's weird that [Redacted] didn't try to get Seton Hall to come here for the first game of the series. Next year our schedule will probably be loaded with homes games. Hell, off the top of my head we may not even have a serious OOC road game since the deal with Richmond isn't just a home away (I don't think it is anyway, I think it's home home away or something like that, though I could be wrong).

Maybe Buzz knows he's on a three-year plan and is stacking the deck for his contract year.

Could be major NIT or CBI implications for this one.

Gonzaga series is over

That's what I thought. So this is what our OOC schedule looks like:

4 games in Old Spice
@ Seton Hall
@ Nebraska
vs Richmond

And a bunch of cupcakes (and Richmond probably won't be much better than one).

That's what I thought. So this is what our OOC schedule looks like:

4 games in Old Spice
@ Seton Hall
@ Nebraska
vs Richmond

And a bunch of cupcakes (and Richmond probably won't be much better than one).

All things considered I don't think this is a bad thing for the program. It's not exciting for the fans (particularly the lack of any marquee names at home) but it's not that abysmal. All three of those schools were Kenpom top 100 at the end of last season. I don't know enough to know where they'll fall this year, but it's a reasonable challenge for what Wake has next year.

All things considered I don't think this is a bad thing for the program. It's not exciting for the fans (particularly the lack of any marquee names at home) but it's not that abysmal. All three of those schools were Kenpom top 100 at the end of last season. I don't know enough to know where they'll fall this year, but it's a reasonable challenge for what Wake has next year.

It's an extremely weak OOC schedule, but we're a pretty bad team. Only two of the teams we will potentially play against (Indiana State and Richmond) made the tournament last year, and Richmond will lose its top 3 players to graduation and we may not even play Indiana State. Taking away some of these games will help build confidence though, but I hope this kind of weak scheduling does not become the norm because in the future it could keep us out of the tournament.

Back