• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf - Primland Collegiate

Apparently #12 is difficult.

Womble/Zalatoris/Guise/Owen/Stewart are playing for the team championship. The other 5 guys are just playing as individuals.

Primland is a pretty easy course. Pretty to look at, though.

Deacs are hosts of the first Primland Collegiate Invitational, final round underway. Deacs shot a ridiculous 275/274 yesterday and take a 4 shot lead into final round. Looking for the first team win since 2010. I had no idea Primland was this easy.

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=6854

Trust me...it's not easy. Hopefully you can check it out soon! Beautiful place, unbelievable course, great views....anything but easy, however. The guys played great golf yesterday.

Course record currently held by Asst Coach at Wake, as a side note. (64)

Beautiful course but not that difficult for guys that are good enough to play for WF. Highly recommend the course of you get the chance to play.

over 7000 yards. Must be wide fairways and/or forgiving rough. Looks like a pretty good field.

It's not overly tight, but the rough is pretty thick once you get past the first cut. Huge greens that are tough to miss, but easy to get on the wrong side of the hole and end up three putting. Like tau said, definitely play it if you get the chance.

Don't think I've ever seen a course have it's 1st par 4 on #5. 3 Par 3's, 3 4's and 3 5's on the front nine has to be pretty rare too.

I volunteered as a spotter out there for all 36 holes yesterday. I was on #3, which is a blind tee shot, downhill 500 yard par 5. Guys were hitting hybrid-8 iron to it. Scoring average on that hole was something like 4.3.

The course isn't easy for the average golfer, but a scratch level college am has little problem if they are hitting it in play. Fairways are bent and very lush...perfect lies. And the greens are pure. And 7000 yards, at a little bit of elevation, is really short for a par 72 for the college kids. Most of these guys have a 300 yard tee shot in their bag and many of them can stretch it 30-40 past that if they choose. Also, having spotters on all the holes with blind tee shots allows them to play more aggressively. Without spotters to find balls uou could tack a couple strokes per round onto most scorecards.

Our guys played really well. I spoke to coach Haas for a good 15 to 20 minutes while he was out watching hole 3 and he seems really excited about what is going on. He was following Clancy Waugh for most of the day even though he was competing as an individual. Seems to me like he is taking a serious interest in trying to coach Waugh through some struggles.

Zalatoris has a very good swing.

Paul McBride looks like he should be right there with Owen and Zalatoris in the starting lineup. We appear to have a level of depth we haven't had in some time.

Pretty hard to see any of the current top 5 getting bumped anytime soon.

Hope you kicked some unc-ch balls into the woods.

I'm a hacker, but had a great time at Primland several years ago. Get somebody else to take you (and pay for it) as it's very expensive. They have an observatory and a real swanky small hotel and restaurant there.

Assuming Golf Stat is correct we finished at -38 and beat Auburn by 1. Very impressive win.

Great win for the Deacs. Should be a good confidence builder.
Coach Haas was excited about this tournament when I spoke to him in GA during the recent Carpet Capital Classic.
Nice to the be the 'home' team.
I think this team has the potential to really make some noise next spring.

Don't we have great recruits coming next year as well ? Go deacs ! Primland is just northeast of Mt Airy in the middle of nowhere. The views of the valleys below the ridgecrest are beautiful. It's pricy but you have the whole course to yourself . It's worth playing occasionally . The place is immaculate .

Back