• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

Zalatoris is currently -2 with 3 to play in his first round and 4 back of the lead.

58 players for 3 spots. probably needs to shoot 9 or 10 under for 36 holes.

http://www.usopen.com/qualifying/sectional/dallas.html#!&slide=0&tab=results

Greensboro's Scott Harvey just crushed his morning round for a 63 to lead up in NJ. http://www.usopen.com/qualifying/sectional/summit.html#!&slide=0&tab=results

Zalatoris is -1 after his first round, 5 out of qualifying position. We had thunderstorms here all weekend. Lakewood sent an email last night asking members to come out this morning at 6:00 to help clear branches and debris off the course. The players must like the conditions, though. A couple got close to Jordan Spieth's course record of 62.

There are a number of pros in the field including Ryan Palmer who is currently in 6th. That's a tall order.

Looks like Harvey made it after a 1-over 2nd 18. Good for him, will be fun to follow a local.

Looks like Wil solidified his position as the best player in the country with his Trans Miss win beating the supposed player of the year ZmcNeely by 10 stroked or whatever.

My Deacs!

When they interviewed Will last night after he his match he mentioned that he was planning on going to Q School this fall. Is this expected/does it mean he won't be returning to Wake?

When they interviewed Will last night after he his match he mentioned that he was planning on going to Q School this fall. Is this expected/does it mean he won't be returning to Wake?

Might be a Q school and then come back if he doesn't make it type situation.

Doesn't remove his Am status by playing.

That's a good question. I don't know how golf works. If he goes to Q school and doesn't get his card, can he come back to Wake? Or by just going to Q school are you declaring yourself to be a professional?

Might be a Q school and then come back if he doesn't make it type situation.

Doesn't remove his Am status by playing.

I think this is correct though it's odd as I remember someone saying he was definitely coming back. You don't do Q school with intention of just seeing how you do. If you make Web.com you go (IMO). I know based on finish at Q school finals there are a few differing levels of status so maybe if he's not fully exempt he would come back.

I think this is correct though it's odd as I remember someone saying he was definitely coming back. You don't do Q school with intention of just seeing how you do. If you make Web.com you go (IMO). I know based on finish at Q school finals there are a few differing levels of status so maybe if he's not fully exempt he would come back.

Tough call - obviously the Web.com tour is now the direct path to the PGA tour. However, if you're not in the top 50, there's a good chance you're making less than $100,000 (50th on the money list right now is at $85,000). I can see a better potential outcome by becoming a more dominant college/amateur player leading to PGA sponsor's exemptions, plus having a pretty valuable degree if golf doesn't work out.

Tough call - obviously the Web.com tour is now the direct path to the PGA tour. However, if you're not in the top 50, there's a good chance you're making less than $100,000 (50th on the money list right now is at $85,000). I can see a better potential outcome by becoming a more dominant college/amateur player leading to PGA sponsor's exemptions, plus having a pretty valuable degree if golf doesn't work out.

Agreed - look at how many exemptions the well known college guys have gotten recently (rahm, dechambeau) to not need to play web. Web.com reshuffles status after about 5 events so really need to get off to a good start or can be in trouble from a get into tournaments standpoint.

Let's make this really easy - he wins the am this week and he has to come back for at least the fall to keep his amateur status and get his masters invite.

His opponent this afternoon upset Braden Thornberry, the recent NCAA champ and Haskins award winner, who also finished t4th at the FedEx St Jude back in June. Would have been a monster matchup, but probably just as well that Will can avoid Thornberry.

This may be Haas, but I saw Bill Haas on campus Monday. Again, pardon if seeing Haas Monday is Haas.

Back