• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

The goal is to be top 15 after three rounds and top 8 after 4. We are doing that. There’s also a ton of golf left to play.

more dumb posts.

are fans not supposed to be happy when things go well and frustrated when they don’t?

and if things go poorly why should we take solace that there were other teams that also struggled?

do you just want nobody to talk about golf until after the tournament is over?

You can do whatever you want but every time we make a couple bogies the same people make it referendum on the entire program.

I disagree with your assessment that things aren’t going well. We are doing what is expected to advance and try to win a title.

The top of our lineup has played really poorly. Fortunately again today the bottom of the lineup seems to be coming together big time.

Lets finish strong today. The last couple of days we have finished poorly.

I disagree with your assessment that things aren’t going well. We are doing what is expected to advance and try to win a title.

we were 11th place and generally playing poorly. or course fans will be frustrated. now we are playing a lot better. pilchard made a great post on the baseball thread about the overall performance of wake sports being pretty damn good which should help people’s perspective but in the middle of play complaining about the roller coaster reaction of fans is just antithetical to the very nature of sports and fandom.

Golf is a super fickle sport if you are following It hole to hole. People can think or post whatever they want, but we are ranked third for a reason. I bet we make some bogeys coming in too. The golf course is hard. The goals remain what they are and it’s the end of each round that counts.

I haven’t complained at all about what people are posting. It’s just good to keep perspective during a golf round where there will be tons of highs and lows.

Our top 2 are playing like crap. I don't think anybody would give us much of a chance of advancing with neither in the top 100 out of 150 golfers. Our depth is coming through.

we are starting to get into pretty good shape to advance, currently 8 strokes ahead of 9th place Cal.

We literally went from 9th place to 8 clear of the cut line in almost no time.

15 teams advance - what is the format there vs the women's 8 team match play to final?

v thanks.

Last edited:
It’s the exact same format as the women’s, they just got their final round cut off due to weather. 15 today, 8 tomorrow, match play from there.

15 teams advance - what is the format there vs the women's 8 team match play to final?

The formats should have been the same. Top 15 make day 4, top 8 advance to match play after day 4.

But rain shortened the ladies stroke play portion.

Needless to say, if you can help it you don't want to finish 8th. 6th or 7th would be fine.

Wake is now even on the back nine and tied for fifth place. Only 4 strokes out of second.
Very nice comeback after a roller coaster day.
Fritz is -4 on the back nine. Awesome.

Am I allowed to say posithings like this?

Our 4 and 5s are killing it. Our 1 and 2 have had all three dropped scores.

I suspect by the end of the day, we could be a dozen or more shots clear of the cutline. Gives you some room for error tomorrow.

Back