• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Tennis loses to Northwestern, 4-3, in the Round of 64

15-40. Northwestern has 2 match points.

How much more Wake Forest can you get? 2 points from the match, eh, now's a good time to fucking collapse.

Interesting that WF chose Mays to play #6. Mays had not played a match since April 14, and Delcore played #6 in the three ACC tourney matches, and played in the doubles part of the match. Hopkins came up huge in his last match as Deacon. Won the #1 doubles match, and won the #1 singles match. The surprise had to be WF losing both at #3 and #5, both Prabhakar and Ho had been rolling, and neither opponent was ranked (Prabhakar is WF's highest rated player).

In my years of following non-revenue sports there are some rare exceptions (soccer, field hockey ) but we tend to bomb in any post-season play we're able to achieve .

The future is so bright for this program we have to wear shades. I just feel bad for Kreyman and Prabhakar letting the team down in their last match. The trio of seniors has a lot to be proud of though!

For a team ranked twenty-fourth in the nation, I can't believe we didn't even get out of the first round. Oh well...historical competitiveness.

Back