• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Watches

I have a Baume & mercier that I love. Automatics don't keep time quite as well as quartz though.

Yah, I would definitely recommend automatic

But seriously, you can get a nice Hamilton with a solid auto movement for under a grand

Yah, I would definitely recommend automatic

But seriously, you can get a nice Hamilton with a solid auto movement for under a grand

If/when I buy a watch, Hamilton's what I'm getting

I really like Shinola too. And Ball, which someone mentioned earlier.

Watch enthusiasts will always prefer auto to quartz. It's kinda like manual transmission vs automatic to sports car enthusiasts. Auto in watches is the classic movement. But if you want a (fairly) hassle-free reliable timepiece, there's no shame in quartz. Still good watches.

Watch enthusiasts will always prefer auto to quartz. It's kinda like manual transmission vs automatic to sports car enthusiasts. Auto in watches is the classic movement. But if you want a (fairly) hassle-free reliable timepiece, there's no shame in quartz. Still good watches.

Seems like the feature of the watch that you should care the least about.

But that's coming from someone who sees watches as extraneous jewelry for men.

I thought I posted this, but it must have gotten eaten up by the ether/internet gobblins.

Anyway good stuff, WB,. I currently have a Citizen EcoDrive that is connected to the atomic Clock in Colorado. It automatically updates the exact time at 2:00 am every day. Says it is Radio Controlled!

I kinda dig that function since it automatically updates for Daylight Savings Time.

I got a Hamilton field khaki w canvas strap for 7 hondo on Amazon. Looks good w suit and golf shirt. Very happy

I did a lot of research on this earlier this spring. I really liked the Ball watches and there were a couple German and British watches I liked before choosing the Detroit Watch Company. I also liked the look of the Shinola, but preferred the automatic movement.

Please don't buy a Shinola. It's 100% marketing and you're not getting any value for the price. There are some fine mechanical works of art in your budget, Shinola isn't one of them. As the saying used to go, "you don't know shit from Shinola." That referred to the shoe polish which has been transformed into a watch company?

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201604...tch-history-manufacturing-heritage-brand.html

Last edited:
I'm currently experiencing an unprecedented occasion where wifey is trying to convince me to buy a new watch rather than giving me the crook eye for suggesting that I want another one. I feel like it's a tarp of some kind but I don't know what it is yet.

Probably a tennis bracelet, an upgrade to the wedding band, or 1.5 carat earrings.

I'm currently experiencing an unprecedented occasion where wifey is trying to convince me to buy a new watch rather than giving me the crook eye for suggesting that I want another one. I feel like it's a tarp of some kind but I don't know what it is yet.

That's 100 fucking percent a trap. Be warned

Is she gonna try to wear it herself?

Back