• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami @ Florida State game thread

Little different situation. FSU would've had a shot at the division if we won today. This game means absolutely nothing to Wake Forest, plus we just lost a heartbreaker.

Otherwise, great thread
FSU would have still needed Wake to lose to Maryland and Clemson to lose to NC State.

Are you still slitting your wrists? Relax, buddy. Once again... this thread was labeled yet you decided to enter it. Why? To let off some of that anger?

It's such a huge game that it isn't televised for 1/3 of the country!!!

If you really think the midwest consists of a third of this country, then I have some beach side property to sell you in North Dakota. Aside from Texas, no one is missing this game.

It's a stupid thread. And you start way too many stupid-ass threads. Hoping me saying something will discourage you next time around.

It's being televised in the part of the country that matters. It's God's country.

...and it's amazing how kind you came across when you PMed me begging me to give you free tickets to Wake games. Because I didn't have any extras, you're now all butt hurt. :laugh:

the same exact reason I went to Warchant at 11:45 and posted a 'Wake Forest @ Clemson' thread. It's college football and it's exciting. That thread turned into over 130 posts of people discussing the game. I clearly labeled this thread yet all of you decided to come in here anyway. Stay classy, Deacs.

The point is, there are very few threads on this site that don't have to do with Wake specifically. There is an 'other games' thread for discussion of 'other games'. I fail to see what makes this game so incredibly important to merit giving it a separate thread? How many separate non-Wake game threads have we had on here this season? Couple that with the timing immediately following a Wake heartbreaking loss and I don't think it is incredibly shocking to see negative reactions.

I don't see the big deal. We have 10 threads about how much Wake shit the bed today.

My dad is bringing me down my FSU stuff for Florida - Florida State. Can't wait to get stabbed.

The point is, there are very few threads on this site that don't have to do with Wake specifically. There is an 'other games' thread for discussion of 'other games'. I fail to see what makes this game so incredibly important to merit giving it a separate thread? How many separate non-Wake game threads have we had on here this season? Couple that with the timing immediately following a Wake heartbreaking loss and I don't think it is incredibly shocking to see negative reactions.
If you really want to know, I searched for an 'other games' thread before creating this. It's not my fault there were 34 threads talking about the ACC refs, Clemson, Newman, Grobe, Lobo, etc, etc, etc all above that thread.

Too late in the season for this game to matter.

...and it's amazing how kind you came across when you PMed me begging me to give you free tickets to Wake games. Because I didn't have any extras, you're now all butt hurt. :laugh:

As I just PM'd you, and I'm not trying to have any sort of personal "battle" here like you apparently are.., I have always been impressed with your generosity over Wake tickets. I fail to see how that has any bearing over why you would start a FSU thread on our board after one of the most heartbreaking losses in WF football history. I really don't care and hope FSU wins, but here's to hoping you find personal satisfaction in the responses in this thread. Cheers.

ETA: I certainly wasn't "begging" for tickets, as after you didn't even extend the courtesy of a response (which no big deal, I didn't care), I just bought 2 season tickets that were still available. It's amazing how you're all "butt hurt" now that your "begging" for friends on a WF message board has backfired.

Last edited:
As I just PM'd you, and I'm not trying to have any sort of personal "battle" here like you apparently are.., I have always been impressed with your generosity over Wake tickets. I fail to see how that has any bearing over why you would start a FSU thread on our board after one of the most heartbreaking losses in WF football history. I really don't care and hope FSU wins, but here's to hoping you find personal satisfaction in the responses in this thread. Cheers.

ETA: I certainly wasn't "begging" for tickets, as after you didn't even extend the courtesy of a response (which no big deal, I didn't care), I just bought 2 season tickets that were still available. It's amazing how you're all "butt hurt" now that your "begging" for friends on a WF message board has backfired.
Had this thread been called 'Texas A&M at Kansas State', no one would have had a problem. Because I am a fan of FSU, people want to have a heart attack.

I do find it hilarious. Obviously, I wanted Wake to win. That, I don't find hilarious. I find it hilarious how serious people take the internet. Go on ahead and prove my point by neg repping me.

How is it a safety when a QB gets a grounding call when he's on the 1 yard line?

Don't think he was in the end zone when he threw the ball.

Absolute cluster of a play by the C.

Begging for friends? Cliffs on that? I've always voiced my opinion to the point that it's pretty obvious I'm not trying to make any friends here. Someone who is trying to 'win people over' would filter what they say, no?

Back