• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Typical OGboards dem...Just hurling insults. It's all you guys do and it's pathetic.

Typical OGboards Pub...Just hurling insults. It's all you guys do and it's pathetic.

(Who wants to do the next one?)

Yes I agree, I said the same thing in the post you quoted.

In that scenario though I do think CNN and Liberal media outlets would squash the story though. Of course there is no way to prove that, but I would go with the Ellison test as a way it would apply to this story.

What scandals has the "liberal" media buried?

Dollar dollar bills y'all. But seriously, fuck this b.s.

Last edited:
The tone deafness from the State Deparrment is really something else.

This is quickly turning into the most damaging foreign policy debacle yet. Thought it would be hard to top Helsinki but actively covering up the gruesome murder of a Washington Post journalist might actually win this battle of depravity.

From the post article:

Even one of the president’s closest advisers, Rudolph W. Giuliani, said many senior members of the administration concluded more than a week ago that the Saudis had killed Khashoggi.

“The only question is, was it directed from the crown prince or the king — or was it a group that was trying to please him?” Giuliani said in an interview.

Also I wonder whether this debacle played a part in Nikki Haley’s resignation.

Khashoggi was murdered on 10/2
The news became public on 10/6
Haley resigns on 10/9

I think it is pretty obvious that the right wants to shy away from this. The US has a long and shady history of using Saudi Arabia as an ally regardless of what parties in power. If it was the other way around Dems would be sitting quietly while republicans fauxed outrage. Reality is there is not a lot of good options so it is the ideal time for the opposing party to attack without having to be responsible for coming up with solutions.

I think this is more or less correct. Saudi Arabia has the US by the balls because of oil and Iran. Obama wouldn’t do much of anything about this except maybe some truly meaningless sanctions and reprimands. Of course the difference is, I don’t think the Saudis would have taken this kind of action under any previous President. Trump’s administration has created the conditions where these dictators think/know they can get away with this. Putin had a guy assassinated in England and week later had a major summit with Trump in Finland.

Notice how you don’t even seen moonz and sailor defending Trump’s alternative explanations for this.

not yet clear that we have all the necessary details to take reasonable and effective action, not really a moment for any kneejerk response in a rather complex diplomatic situation

as an aside, it is so typical of the dystopian left movement's adherents to demand that action precede understanding

not yet clear that we have all the necessary details to take reasonable and effective action, not really a moment for any kneejerk response in a rather complex diplomatic situation

as an aside, it is so typical of the dystopian left movement's adherents to demand that action precede understanding

Honestly hard to argue with the first part of this. However it is wildly inappropriate that the President is openly stating that he believes the SA prince’s denials. He believes what he believes regardless of evidence.

Honestly hard to argue with the first part of this. However it is wildly inappropriate that the President is openly stating that he believes the SA prince’s denials. He believes what he believes regardless of evidence.

The moronic right doesn't concern itself with anything the President does. It is all about deriding the criticism of him.

Back