• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

From 2015 - Rand Paul: Give the Kurds a country

The Kentucky Republican, who is inching closer to a bid for president, said Tuesday in an interview with Breitbart that he believes the U.S. should not only directly arm Kurdish fighters, but also promise the Kurds "a country." Paul acknowledged that turning the Kurdistan region into a country would be easier said than done, but touted the benefits of his proposal.

"I think they would fight like hell if we promised them a country," Paul said, adding that a Kurdish country would also end the longstanding feud between the Kurds and Turkey.

Seems like it’s not normal protocol to not have a US flag displayed, even with just our VP present

Mere minor sniper and mortar fire!

Mattis said, "I earned my spurs on the battlefield. Donald Trump earned his at a doctor's office."

Obviously, one of the many mistakes of the post-WWI peace treaties and the chopping up of the former Ottoman Empire was the failure to give the Kurds their own separate country. That was a lost opportunity, which is not likely to present itself again soon. The Kurds live concentrated over significant areas of modern-day Turkey, Iraq, Iran, and even a part of Syria. None of these countries is going to be much interested in ceding territory to a new Kurdish state. So, Rand Paul is simply wrong because the land needed for a Kurdish state is not for the US to give and any new Kurdish state would either have to slice territory out of Turkey or act as a magnet for promoting Kurdish irredentist movements inside Turkey seeking union with the new Kurdish state. Try again, Rand.

he's talking about the essential oils starter package he signed up for

he owns his own business!

Back