• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

I guess he means the millions of Sunnis who used to oppress the majority Shia Iraqis, which Shia Iraqis naturally came to see the giant Shia nation next door as their best ally against an Iraqi political system that has always crapped on them? So he wants another Iraqi civil war?

Not that I expect Donald J. Trump understands anything about Shia/Sunni power dynamics or the history of Iraq and Iran.

I guess he means the millions of Sunnis who used to oppress the majority Shia Iraqis, which Shia Iraqis naturally came to see the giant Shia nation next door as their best ally against an Iraqi political system that has always crapped on them? So he wants another Iraqi civil war?

Not that I expect Donald J. Trump understands anything about Shia/Sunni power dynamics or the history of Iraq and Iran.

If a crisis comes, Trump is completely unequipped to handle it. Can you imagine Trump in place of FDR during WWII?

Along those lines, to Trump Shia is Lebouef and Sunni is Bono (who he doesn't know is dead).

If a crisis comes, Trump is completely unequipped to handle it. Can you imagine Trump in place of FDR during WWII?

Completely. We would have been allied with the Axis powers and Pearl Harbor would have never happened. Trump would have gladly split the world three ways.

And his base will love him for it.

He's already doing a "NO BENGHAZI" victory lap on Twitter, as is Lindsey Graham. I'm happy the people in the embassy got out, but today was not a positive for America in that region.

Last edited:
Suleimani was a bad dude, but he's also not just some terrorist in the desert. Hitting him is like someone going after our joint chiefs of staff or the head of the CIA. Very big deal and things could get really bad really fast. Iran may not be able to contain the reaction even if they want to.

From 2018:

Back