• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Might be the best night of NCAA F ever not on a Saturday

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Heard a comment on ESPN yesterday when I was home making my lunch and did not think much about it, but has there ever been a non Saturday, non bowl season football night as good as this? I mean, none of the teams are huge shockers to be where they are, just amazed the two major networks did not see this coming:

#10 Oklahoma +15 #6 BAYLOR -15.0 Over 73.0 Under 73.0 7:30 PM

#3 Oregon -10.5 #5 STANFORD +10.5 Over 61.5 Under 61.5 9:00 PM

Four top ten teams tonight and both with BIG spreads. Who should I go with in my pool?:popcorn:

Throw in the crappy NFL game, and it is a great night for football!
Washington -2.5 MINNESOTA +2.5 Over 50.0 Under 50.0 8:25 PM

I'm not looking it up a specific year, but probably a Friday after Thanksgiving one year. Two years ago I took a half-day to watch #1 LSU - #3 Arkansas. It ended up a blowout. So tonight could easily be just as disappointing as memorable.

Agree with JDawg. There have been some really good day after Thanksgiving lineups in the last few years.

This will be the 1st time since launch weekend that I will look for Fox Sports 1 on TV.

Since both of these games have such high spreads, I don't think it is the best non-Saturday ever.

I'd go with 2010:
#2 Auburn spots #11 Alabama 21 points and wins 28-27. :cam:
#1 Oregon beats #21 Arizona after trailing at halftime
#19 Nevada upsets #4 Boise State 34-31 in OT.

Last edited:
Agree with JDawg. There have been some really good day after Thanksgiving lineups in the last few years.

This will be the 1st time since launch weekend that I will look for Fox Sports 1 on TV.

The Friday after Thanksgiving is not near as good as it used to be. Used to be Texas v. Texas A&M, now gone. Used to be Oklahoma v. Nebraska, now gone. All the conference realignment stuff has messed up those rivalries. Certainly this is the best (on paper) Thursday night of college football ever.

The Friday after Thanksgiving is not near as good as it used to be. Used to be Texas v. Texas A&M, now gone. Used to be Oklahoma v. Nebraska, now gone. All the conference realignment stuff has messed up those rivalries. Certainly this is the best (on paper) Thursday night of college football ever.

Yes, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's what it's all about.

thought the same thing.

The LSU-Arkansas Thankgiving Friday game from 2007 is maybe the best college football game I've ever seen.

thought the same thing.

The LSU-Arkansas Thankgiving Friday game from 2007 is maybe the best college football game I've ever seen.

Yes, that game was amazing.

thought the same thing.

Such a great game. 7-6 at halftime and ended up 50-48 in 3OT. Loved Arkansas' running backs. McFadden, Hillis and Felix Jones all played great that day. LSU had Matt Flynn, Keiland Williams, Jacob Hester, Brandon LaFell and Early Doucet.

13 touchdowns were scored in that game, all by players drafted by the NFL (all played in the NFL other than Demetrius Byrd).

The Friday after Thanksgiving is not near as good as it used to be. Used to be Texas v. Texas A&M, now gone. Used to be Oklahoma v. Nebraska, now gone. All the conference realignment stuff has messed up those rivalries.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to the question in the OP, but okay.

Such a great game. 7-6 at halftime and ended up 50-48 in 3OT. Loved Arkansas' running backs. McFadden, Hillis and Felix Jones all played great that day. LSU had Matt Flynn, Keiland Williams, Jacob Hester, Brandon LaFell and Early Doucet.

13 touchdowns were scored in that game, all by players drafted by the NFL (all played in the NFL other than Demetrius Byrd).

Somehow I didn't realize Peyton Hillis played for Arkansas. I distinctly remember DMC and Felix. Casey Dick was the Arkansas QB who was such a donk.

Somehow I didn't realize Peyton Hillis played for Arkansas. I distinctly remember DMC and Felix. Casey Dick was the Arkansas QB who was such a donk.

insane talent in that game. other thing i remember is that Gary Danielson was absolutely money for CBS. Remember thinking that he had a great day as a broadcaster - seemed to know what play the teams would run before they did.

insane talent in that game. other thing i remember is that Gary Danielson was absolutely money for CBS. Remember thinking that he had a great day as a broadcaster - seemed to know what play the teams would run before they did.

Yep, Gary was on point. LSU would get in a formation and he'd say they like to run XYZ out of this and would nail it each time.

one time i ran into Gary Danielson and i was hammered and he was working and it was awesome

Yeah, if Oregon wins in impressive fashion, FSU will try to beat us by 70. If Stanford pulls the upset, FSU no longer needs to earn style points, and will only beat us by 30.

Meh. Ohio State and Baylor are still lurking there undefeated. I think they'll keep wanting to make a statement

Back