• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Flynn Resigns

No one knows who Mike Flynn is nor cares, but I'm sure CNN will convince you this is a big deal, so carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody ever given a temper tantrum toddler a loaded six-shooter? I don't need details to know how that plays out.

Yeah, our National Security Advisor was compromised by the Russians. But nothing to see here.

We do not need a weak, spineless president who is more concerned about issuing apologies than protecting Americans [. . .] We do not need a reckless president who believes she is above the law--lock her up, that's right--lock her up [. . .] I have called on Hillary Clinton to drop of the race because she--she put our nation's security at extremely high risk with her careless use of a private server. Lock her up, lock her up. [. . .] If I did a tenth of what she did, I would be in jail today.

-Lt. Gen Michael Flynn, 2016 Republican National Convention

No one knows who Mike Flynn is nor cares, but I'm sure CNN will convince you this is a big deal, so carry on

Great parody account would read again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...rs-540a:homepage/story&utm_term=.b9883dcd590f

Russian lawmakers rush to the defense of Trump’s ex-national security adviser

MOSCOW — Leading Russian lawmakers rushed to defend President Trump’s former national security adviser on Tuesday after he resigned for misleading senior White House officials, including Vice President Pence, about his contacts with Russia.

The heads of the foreign affairs committees in both Russia’s upper and lower houses of parliament chalked up Michael Flynn’s resignation to a dark campaign of Russophobia in Washington, and said it would undermine relations between the White House and the Kremlin.

Konstantin Kosachev of the upper house wrote in a post on Facebook that readiness for dialogue with Moscow was now seen in Washington as a “thoughtcrime,” a reference to the George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984.

Petreaus shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of top secret material. He gave up classified materials to get laid and to make his mistress money from a book. This guy can't be trusted. He's lucky he isn't in jail for the next decade.

While what Petreaus did was awful, I'd still be relieved if he ends up in this position. He and Mattis would be excellent checks on the Donald when it comes to intelligence and foreign affairs. At this point, it's not about fairness or party. We need some competent folks with traditional American values to save us from Trump's worst tendencies.

Anybody who was voting for Sec. Clinton should have no problem with Petreaus as NSC.

Of course, the converse is true as well.

Anybody who was voting for Sec. Clinton should have no problem with Petreaus as NSC.

Of course, the converse is true as well.

Umm no. What they did was not the same. Petreaus intentionally revealed classified info to someone he knew wasn't authorized to have it for his own personal gain. Hillary was negligent with sending classified info from her private server, with no indication that the information was ever compromised. Stop drawing a false equivalence

THIS is why we can't have nice things anymore......who let Stephen Miller on the boards?!!

So could Flynn's actions be considered treasonous? I don't think so, but I have not read exactly what was discussed other than sanctions.

Umm no. What they did was not the same. Petreaus intentionally revealed classified info to someone he knew wasn't authorized to have it for his own personal gain. Hillary was negligent with sending classified info from her private server, with no indication that the information was ever compromised. Stop drawing a false equivalence

I agree with you as to the false equivalence - at least as to the email issue. That said, I would still be comforted having Petreaus in this position now that Flynn is gone so he and Mattis can battle the Steves.

maybe we finally get that USA/N Korea alliance we've all been hoping for

#thanksrodman

I trust he will be doing this:

C4ofGU2WMAAQPPD.jpg:large

Back