• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Flynn Resigns

I think the conversations were in fact monitored. There are transcripts of the call which were raised pretty shortly after the calls took place. Everything I've read points to the intelligence community being fully aware this was going on, raised it to the administration, and it didn't do anything until this became public recently. Even KAC said this morning on GMA that they were aware of this a month ago

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

No, the main story is that she pointed this out to the admin and they ignored it. ^^^

They weren't pissed that he broke the law, only that he lied to them about it.
This is a bizarre story. I haven't followed it closely to be honest, so correct me if I get something wrong.

So Flynn apparently spoke to the Russian ambassador during the transition period. He used encryption for these phone calls. Our intel community, which routinely bugs Russian communications but rarely acknowledges such things, apparently couldn't monitor what these conversations were about. Yates concludes that Flynn is open to Russian blackmail. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she has reasons other than encrypted phone calls to believe this to be the case. Is that the gist of it?

yeah, the intel community has the transcript of the flynn-russia phone calls. as bad as flynn lying about it for months is that he was the head of NSA and didn't realize this.

what do we need a National Security Advisor for anyways? We have Bannon.

I think the conversations were in fact monitored. There are transcripts of the call which were raised pretty shortly after the calls took place. Everything I've read points to the intelligence community being fully aware this was going on, raised it to the administration, and it didn't do anything until this became public recently. Even KAC said this morning on GMA that they were aware of this a month ago

I see. Thanks for the info.

Certainly this will bring down Trump. We finally got him!!!

07-minister.jpg

Certainly this will bring down Trump. We finally got him!!!

I know your shilling for Trump/Putin has pretty much ruined your credibility, but I will bite. If Clinton's NSA head had to resign 3 weeks into her term due to unauthorized contact with the Russians, you would say no biggie right?

I know your shilling for Trump/Putin has pretty much ruined your credibility, but I will bite. If Clinton's NSA head had to resign 3 weeks into her term due to unauthorized contact with the Russians, you would say no biggie right?

Of course he would. Because he is fair and impartial.

Or completely full of shit. You decide.

Would be a 1-line bite on the evening news at most.

What the hell is clucking? Isn't one of the greatest things about a free, democratic society that the citizens get to critique and criticize the actions of the government?

What am I missing?

Petreaus shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of top secret material. He gave up classified materials to get laid and to make his mistress money from a book. This guy can't be trusted. He's lucky he isn't in jail for the next decade.

I'm in agreement on this.

not if Trump ordered him to speak with the Russian ambassador it's not

How do you figure? I seem to recall Obama galavanting all around the world and meeting with world leaders when he was a candidate. Shit, he hadn't even won the election yet.

How do you figure? I seem to recall Obama galavanting all around the world and meeting with world leaders when he was a candidate. Shit, he hadn't even won the election yet.

if what flynn and the russian amb. discussed was SOP, why all the subterfuge and cover-up that ultimately lost him his job?

Different rules for Presidential candidates, especially when the current President is not running for re-election.

Obama - "Sanctions on Russia for tampering with our election"

Russia - "This is unfair. We will retaliate"

Flynn - "Chill out. Obama is gone in a few days. We'll work things out"

Russia - "This is not worthy of retaliation"

Media and Trump Haters - OMG this is the worst thing ever! Impeach Trump! Imprison Flynn! Time to run around in circles and scream!

Back