• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millenials and Gen Z: Don’t forget to register to vote

Hopefully people opposed to our current leadership can work together, and vote.

Hopefully people opposed to our current leadership can work together, and vote.
Hopefully, sure, but Green Party members are still going to vote for the Green Party. Lets just keep that expectation in mind.

If no boomers voted in the 2016 election Clinton wins all but 7 states.

Blaming millennials seams to be rock solid logic.

Because it's the truth. Who cares if you go to meetings or even marches, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

You blame others when your generation is too lazy to vote. It's not about what happened 10 or 20 or 30 years ago, you can change things today by showing up.

I guarantee you nearly everyone who attends meetings or marches votes. Can you say the same thing about your “liberal” buddies making gay jokes in email chains?

Look to blame anyone but yourself.

At that "minority" shows up, unlike your generation.

Well sure, they show up now. But they didn’t show up when they were younger (giving us 8 years of Reagan) and they’ve been a net negative for the Democratic Party for a while.

If no boomers voted in the 2016 election Clinton wins all but 7 states.

Blaming millennials seams to be rock solid logic.

God damn, RJ has me agreeing with Catamount. That should say everything that needs to be said.

I guarantee you nearly everyone who attends meetings or marches votes. Can you say the same thing about your “liberal” buddies making gay jokes in email chains?

WTF are you talking about? I've never seen any of those...

How often does RJ need to be blown up on this before he lets it go? It was apparent where this thread would be headed just from seeing the thread title.

Liberals making gay jokes in emails? Good lord.... you really are not in touch with the current thinking of liberals vs conservatives. Here’s a hint: one side thinks they human beings who deserve rights the same as everyone else. The other side thinks they should burn in hell and loves nothing more than a Facebook meme degrading gay people.

Trump promised you'd get sick of him winning. He won't be done until he stacks the supreme court, unwinds ACA, kills all stupid business-killing regulations, and BUILDS THAT FUCKING WALL. Enjoy your losing, Dims.

God damn, RJ has me agreeing with Catamount. That should say everything that needs to be said.

Boomers suck because they are mostly republicans. Millennials who vote 3rd party or take their ball and go home also suck. Both things can be and are true.

Trump promised you'd get sick of him winning. He won't be done until he stacks the supreme court, unwinds ACA, kills all stupid business-killing regulations, and BUILDS THAT FUCKING WALL. Enjoy your losing, Dims.

LOL. And you'll still be on here bitter and angry and ranting. Thanks for proving that Republicans really don't stand for anything except cult-worshiping Trump like a new Messiah and "owning the libs." Your party no longer has any coherent ideology or governing principles except ranting about Democrats. Sad, really.

What is it that all of the Democrats in the big tent agree upon besides 'we aren't Republicans'? I must have missed it.

What is it that all of the Democrats in the big tent agree upon besides 'we aren't Republicans'? I must have missed it.

Indeed. What do all Republicans agree upon other than they hate LibDems more than anything else in the world?

This. It's a "big tent" party that doesnt agree on anything except...racism and abortion, and we even support Democrat representatives that dont agree on those two things.

Not a Democrat--former Republican here.

"All" is silly.

However, I'd say for starters, and (mostly) in contrast to Limbaugh/Hannity dumbed-down Pub mythology:

1. Government is not "bad". "Less" or smaller government is not the answer to most societal or collective problems. Neither is, necessarily "more" government. But "government" is necessary and can and should largely be a force for good.

2. We need our government to regulate industry. To ensure fair/honest business practices, environmental protections, worker protections, etc. "Less" regulation is not always or necessarily "better".

3. Government has a proper and necessary role to ensure universal and affordable access to decent health care.

4. Climate change is real and threatens/challenges us in many ways and is significantly contributed to by human activity. There is a proper role for government to regulate our activities so as to mitigate our contributions to global warming. The US should lead/join collective efforts worldwide.

5. "Taxes" are not "bad". Sometimes it makes sense to lower taxes, other times to raise them.

6. One desirable feature of the rule of law is the protection of minorities from the tyranny of the majority.

7. Funding for political campaigns should be much more transparent and better regulated.

8. Public education is a good idea and should be universally accessible and affordable (meaning for many "free") and made better and better. Including all levels.

Etc.

Last edited:
Back