• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millenials have no idea about such things...

tumblr_n2sksutPK01rvnnvyo4_250.gif

Generation Wuss by Bret Easton Ellis

Pretty interesting take on things. There is a lot to agree with in there, although obviously one size does not fit all. The interesting thing to me is a lot of the factors that shape Generation Wuss (specifically social media) also shape Generation X, Generation Y, and the Baby Boomers. I think this is somewhat unprecedented in that it makes the influence of the current generation far more wide ranging than previous generations were to the generations that co-existed with them. Basically, unless you live off the grid somewhere, all of us are being influenced by factors that make us narcissistic, overly sensitive pussies.

Haven't read the whole thing, but it's probably for the best not to have an economy so heavily tied to housing and auto.

an entire generation eschewing the trappings of a consumerist Middle Class? the beatniks and hippies finally won their war

Haven't read the whole thing, but it's probably for the best not to have an economy so heavily tied to housing and auto.

Yep, but also I think that article really glosses over/tries to ignore the fact that it's most likely tied to millenials just not being able to afford these things, especially wrt housing. The great recession plus all the debt from student loans has more to do with the downturn in spending than just "millenials being millenials" imo.

Yeah. I would much rather that the $1200/mo I pay in debt was going to a house and new(er) vehicle, but unfortunately the olds ruined that for me.

Cookout and Cav are just creating a victim narrative, according to Bret Easton Ellis.

Back