• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Minnesota - Wake Forest Game Thread

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Wake returns to the ACC-Big Ten Challenge after a one year hiatus. Deacs open as 4 point underdogs at home.

Haven't watched a whole lot of Minnesota this year, but they returned the majority of their core that won the NIT last year. Like Arkansas, they're a good defensive team that forces a lot of turnovers. They're 10th in the country in turnover % and 11th in steal %.

Last edited:
Watched them against St. John's in whatever preseason tourney was at the Garden (preseason NIT?). They looked pretty horrific in the second half, shooting something like 10%.

I received an email from Wake today with a cyber Monday offer of $5.00 tickets for tomorrow nights game.

Season starts here. Manning and staff have had a chance to learn the pieces or lack thereof. I believe that manning threw them to wolves a bit at Arkansas. The other two losses were piss poor embarrassing horse hockey.

Time to get it in gear, and time for all of us to get behind the team. I will be there for the first time in 2 years.

GO DEACS

If Wake wants any chance of playing post season basketball (NIT), tomorrows game is a must win.

We are gonna get raped.

DnxS5rL.jpg

Looking forward to the game. Hopefully we get a good crowd to support coach Manning and the team.

'The one regret Coach Danny Manning had was that it took the loss to the Hornets to learn a valuable lesson.

“In practice there has been a little bit better sense of urgency and attention to detail,” Manning said Monday. “But it shouldn’t have to come from this type of situation.” '

I really wonder the proximate cause(s): Bzzzz hangover, intense schedule, lack of talent, false sense of superiority or entitlement; maybe some of these kids are not quite as bright as we'd like for them to be? (lack of 'brightness' musing really not intended to be pejorative).

Back