• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLS 2013

NYRB have a 2nd coming, however it would be classic Kinnear to steal one on the counter

But, I mean, can we get that city a second MLS franchise please?

I'm not sure if I love or hate Mike Petke as a coach. He's either super bro or super Jersey and I'm not sure which one.

And these last 15 mins should be fun,

Jeeeesus. I'll be at the game on Saturday guys. Just got back from my local bar tonight where about 20 Dynamo fans were watching the game. Most of the night was spent groaning at the terrible play of Giles Barnes and Omar "why the fuck was he subbed on" Cummings, and lo and behold, Cummings bundles in the winning goal.

I don't get it. Seriously, nothing can explain Kinnear's ability to make subs which lead to suspect soccer and winning results. Cummings came on, and without a change in tactics, he was forced into a Will Bruin role as the focal point of the attacing third. Bruin is good (or at least acceptable) at receiving the ball AND running toward the goal, but Cummings is disastrous at the first and frankly suspect at the second. That's how it looked for the last 50 minutes of that game until, in a weird twist of fate, Cam fucking Weaver used his baby giraffe coordination to head a ball in the general direction of Cummings to stuff through a couple defenders.

I've been quiet on this thread because the Dynamo have been pretty pedestrian and I don't have MLS Live anymore so I can't watch other games. But, jesus guys, what did we do to deserve this? Kinnear's teams always stay disciplined, gut it out, and pick their moments well.

Fucking pumped for Saturday. Pretty worried about the product on the field, though. 3 games in 7 days is too much.

What happened to Matt Reis?

Looked like he blew out his knee. It also looked like Zusi did the same, but it appears he got up and continued on, so I guess not.

Tough way to lose. Reis bailed the Revs out time and time again, but his poor distribution led to SKC's last goal. Two former Revs come back to knock us out. Feilhaber with an assist and Sinovic with a great finish on their 2nd goal.

That said, we didn't really deserve anything from the match tonight. Bunkered for the first half, finally brought on a more aggressive CM sub, but still didn't get anything going. We scored on a fantastic volley off a set piece and our only other chance Agudelo put into Nielsen's body.

Jeeeesus. I'll be at the game on Saturday guys. Just got back from my local bar tonight where about 20 Dynamo fans were watching the game. Most of the night was spent groaning at the terrible play of Giles Barnes and Omar "why the fuck was he subbed on" Cummings, and lo and behold, Cummings bundles in the winning goal.

I don't get it. Seriously, nothing can explain Kinnear's ability to make subs which lead to suspect soccer and winning results. Cummings came on, and without a change in tactics, he was forced into a Will Bruin role as the focal point of the attacing third. Bruin is good (or at least acceptable) at receiving the ball AND running toward the goal, but Cummings is disastrous at the first and frankly suspect at the second. That's how it looked for the last 50 minutes of that game until, in a weird twist of fate, Cam fucking Weaver used his baby giraffe coordination to head a ball in the general direction of Cummings to stuff through a couple defenders.

I've been quiet on this thread because the Dynamo have been pretty pedestrian and I don't have MLS Live anymore so I can't watch other games. But, jesus guys, what did we do to deserve this? Kinnear's teams always stay disciplined, gut it out, and pick their moments well.

Fucking pumped for Saturday. Pretty worried about the product on the field, though. 3 games in 7 days is too much.

Houston just finds ways to make the finals. I thought they were outplayed tonight, but NYRB couldn't finish and Houston just kept hanging around. Most Revs fans were pretty confused as to who they wanted to pull for. I think those are our two least favorite East Conference teams.

Houston just finds ways to make the finals. I thought they were outplayed tonight, but NYRB couldn't finish and Houston just kept hanging around. Most Revs fans were pretty confused as to who they wanted to pull for. I think those are our two least favorite East Conference teams.

Houston is still a rival up there? For some reason I expected it to be Philly by now. I know some Houston fans still feel the same down here, but to me there hasn't been as much bad blood there the last four years.

the SKC rivalry, meanwhile, usually has me apoplectic. I can't really explain why. I think, primarily, I hate them because they think they play attractive soccer and EVERYONE ELSE is holding them back. Their fans on twitter are just insufferable, always accusing the Dynamo of bunkering (which we do, sometimes) against them (we don't against them). Hell, the final regular season game against SKC was a lesson in horrific bunkering by SKC. I was there. It was brutal.

Also, this: http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/team?sort=desc&order=FC

SKC leads the league in Fouls Committed by a HUGE margin. No one is even close. Vermes has a penchant for constantly complaining about the physicality of games, and yet his team thug it up unlike anyone. For example, this shit after the first NE Rev leg was embarrassing (complaining about the reffs, Vermes promised "those things will be dealt with over the course of the match" and "we're going to have to take matters into our own hands."

Aurellien Collin is going to break a fucking leg someday, and SKC supporters will claim the other team deserved it because they weren't letting SKC play "brilliant" football, or some shit.

Houston is still a rival up there? For some reason I expected it to be Philly by now. I know some Houston fans still feel the same down here, but to me there hasn't been as much bad blood there the last four years.

the SKC rivalry, meanwhile, usually has me apoplectic. I can't really explain why. I think, primarily, I hate them because they think they play attractive soccer and EVERYONE ELSE is holding them back. Their fans on twitter are just insufferable, always accusing the Dynamo of bunkering (which we do, sometimes) against them (we don't against them). Hell, the final regular season game against SKC was a lesson in horrific bunkering by SKC. I was there. It was brutal.

SKC leads the league in Fouls Committed by a HUGE margin. No one is even close. Vermes has a penchant for constantly complaining about the physicality of games, and yet his team thug it up unlike anyone. For example, this shit after the first NE Rev leg was embarrassing (complaining about the reffs, Vermes promised "those things will be dealt with over the course of the match" and "we're going to have to take matters into our own hands."

Aurellien Collin is going to break a fucking leg someday, and SKC supporters will claim the other team deserved it because they weren't letting SKC play "brilliant" football, or some shit.

Just kidding, I think I just did. SKC supporters and their team just wreck you physically. Fuck them.

Yeah, the whole losing to Houston in 2006 and 2007 still stings pretty bad. Those were the last real great years of the Revs.

And yeah, SKC fans are unbearable. I actually like watching them, but I could never cheer for SKC mostly because of their whiny little bitch of a coach and their insufferable fans. Vermes was crying about the Revs being offside on their first goal (which they weren't) while obviously ignoring that Collin was 100% offside on their lone goal in the first leg.

Yea, people at the bar tonight felt the same way ("our biggest rivals are SKC and NE"), but I kind of see FC Dallas as a bigger rival just through geography. We trade a trophy and stuff with them, so it adds a little salt to every game.

I definitely hated NE back in the day too, but the two teams are almost entirely different now. Tons of roster turnover. Hell, Steve Ralston is on our coaching staff now.

Am I totally wrong about the Philly thing? They seem like a natural rival with a fanbase that could be pretty salty.

Yea, people at the bar tonight felt the same way ("our biggest rivals are SKC and NE"), but I kind of see FC Dallas as a bigger rival just through geography. We trade a trophy and stuff with them, so it adds a little salt to every game.

I definitely hated NE back in the day too, but the two teams are almost entirely different now. Tons of roster turnover. Hell, Steve Ralston is on our coaching staff now.

Am I totally wrong about the Philly thing? They seem like a natural rival with a fanbase that could be pretty salty.

I don't think anyone here really cares about Philly. They've been awful since they came into the league and we mostly have been as well. There's the history with Houston, bad blood/proximity with NYRB, and Chicago is probably the most hated for those who started following the team in the very beginning. Philly and DC are just kind of meh. We don't like them, but there's not really a reason for it. Toronto is too awful to dislike. Montreal, everyone hates their supporters because they refuse to have anything to do with any other supporter's groups in the league. They're a weird bunch.

LOL @ Bruce Arena trapping a ball on the sideline that wasn't ruled out of play. Awkward.

Seattle looks awful. Credit Portland, the far better team, and Sigi's poor tactics tonight. Man, I need to go to Jeld-Wen. That place is awesome.

Back