• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moral Victory Consolidation Thread

I have far too much "pos rep". You people need to neg rep the fuck out of me. But please! Make it funny.

If I get a neg rep funny enough to make me LOL, then I will send you 10 dollars. TEN WHOLE DOLLARS. US!

Be funny.

The effort was there tonight.

Good news, bad news.

The good news ... if we had played like that last Saturday, we beat State.
The bad news ... the team we played tonight was at least twice as good as State.

Agreed on both accounts. That's the why the State game was particularly demoralizing. Say what you want about the Wofford game (I tend to lump both in with last year's sh*tshow) and the massacre on a neutral floor against Arizona State, but the State game was a disgrace because our players quit and our coaches couldn't get them back in the game. This game, both our coaches and players were dialed in and it wasn't remotely enough. We couldn't even Belmont the Dukies.

Even with six freshman and even if [Redacted] is capable of coaching a winner, I don't see this team making the NCAAs less than a year removed from this (nowhere as close to as bad as last year, but nonethless) disaster of a season.

Somehow shot more free throws and were called for fewer fouls than Duke in Cameron.

Alas, this phenomenon was wasted in a year in which we're noncontenders. It's like Halley's Comet arriving on an overcast night.

C'mon, man. You can't see the league stuff the stat sheet on a night like tonight? They're cooking the FTA books by loading up a doomed opponent that Dook doesn't need to cheat to beat.

We didn't kill ourselves or get injured/suspended and still have a shot at BC.

Young guys did not look scared to play at Cameron. And whatever may be said in criticism of TC, the kid is not afraid of anyone. He played aggressively and. except for getting lost on defense, played fairly well.

I think everyone knew this team was a place holder for future teams. They showed some fight and improvement. I guess you take that and move along.

Young guys did not look scared to play at Cameron. And whatever may be said in criticism of TC, the kid is not afraid of anyone. He played aggressively and. except for getting lost on defense, played fairly well.

That's true. I still remember our 08/09 team coming into Duke and looking shocked in the first half as they fell behind 22 points.

They didn't lay down. Good on 'em.

Well thank God for that.... I was hoping the collegiate athletes on full scholarship at a great university, playing for a great conference, against one of the best teams in the country at one of the most historic venues wasn't going to lay down.

Seriously, is this what makes people proud?

Back