• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moral Victory Consolidation Thread

Ironic that your name is Deacvision. If you did not see some serious improvement tonight, you were not watching. Seriously, can you be objective? I am Buzz in, and can admit we looked like a poorly coached team against State. We looked like a well coached team tonight. We have atop ten class coming in next year.

That game was way too much of a mismatch to call it an improvement or a total waste.

Let's just see what we can put together against BC on Saturday and take it from there.

We weren't good, but we weren't that bad.

Can't tell if this is serious or a joke about [Redacted]'s recent quotes, but I'll take it as serious.

I agree. I hardly expected us to keep it close tonight, and with Dawkins going off in the first half my expectations proved true. But the attitude of the team seemed very positive, and they definitely kept playing hard until the final whistle.

Ironic that your name is Deacvision. If you did not see some serious improvement tonight, you were not watching. Seriously, can you be objective? I am Buzz in, and can admit we looked like a poorly coached team against State. We looked like a well coached team tonight. We have atop ten class coming in next year.

We looked good in spurts tonight, no doubt about it. Overall, it was basically a "meh" performance, IMO. I'm not even criticizing Mr. [Redacted] for the loss tonight, by the way.

I'll have a laugh about his HT interview "tough shots" silliness, but that's about it. And I didn't even bother to listen to the postgame interview with Stan and Dinger. Decided watching (and laughing) at the Republican debate would be a much better use of my time.

Cheers.

Can't tell if this is serious or a joke about [Redacted]'s recent quotes, but I'll take it as serious.

I agree. I hardly expected us to keep it close tonight, and with Dawkins going off in the first half my expectations proved true. But the attitude of the team seemed very positive, and they definitely kept playing hard until the final whistle.

It's actually both.

We didn't play that well but then again we could have fallen apart and we didn't. I went into this game expecting to be more disappointed than I was. I was proud that the guys continued to battle after getting down big against them. We've had a lot more talented teams that haven't.

Somehow shot more free throws and were called for fewer fouls than Duke in Cameron.

Alas, this phenomenon was wasted in a year in which we're noncontenders. It's like Halley's Comet arriving on an overcast night.

Somehow shot more free throws and were called for fewer fouls than Duke in Cameron.

Alas, this phenomenon was wasted in a year in which we're noncontenders. It's like Halley's Comet arriving on an overcast night.

Or just not good enough to compete and the refs just felt bad for us.

I love how the only tag on this thread is from a passive-aggressive poster that probably has 10x as many tags as posts. That makes me chuckle.

The effort was there tonight.

Good news, bad news.

The good news ... if we had played like that last Saturday, we beat State.
The bad news ... the team we played tonight was at least twice as good as State.

Back