• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More Baby Chill?

A lot of career school records will be set next year if it happens. Also a lot of freshman with pro ambitions will have their careers severely affected. Honestly I would be shocked if they do it.

Are you suggesting that it would not count as a year for nba eligibility? I seriously doubt that.

I think lacrosse golf tennis baseball softball get another year. Basketball played the entire year sans tournament. It sucks but that’s gonna be it for them.

I think lacrosse golf tennis baseball softball get another year. Basketball played the entire year sans tournament. It sucks but that’s gonna be it for them.
Agree. A lot of teams either had ended their season or were about to end their season within a game or two.

While not perfectly analogous, it'd be like giving college football players another year because their bowl game was cancelled, which happened within the last year or two.

Are you suggesting that it would not count as a year for nba eligibility? I seriously doubt that.

No, I’m saying highly touted freshman at Duke would lose time to Tre Jones that they wouldn’t otherwise. A highly touted freshman at a specific position wouldn’t commit to a school to get blocked by a lifer at Michigan State or Duke.

I doubt this happens. But, if seniors are given another year, it would be fascinating if Manning is let go and a new head coach gets to lead the same team Manning just went 13-18 with.

almost nobody here cares about indoor track, but hopefully those athletes are given a chance at another year - the athletes were at the meet when it was cancelled, and the opportunity to win a national championship is a pretty big deal

No, I’m saying highly touted freshman at Duke would lose time to Tre Jones that they wouldn’t otherwise. A highly touted freshman at a specific position wouldn’t commit to a school to get blocked by a lifer at Michigan State or Duke.

I don't see how this would impact someone like Tre Jones, unless he is looking to play five seasons of college ball. His return is going to be strictly based on where he seems himself going in the draft, as I'm pretty sure the NBA draft will still happen.

If an extra year is granted and John Doe Senior wants to transfer to School B, should School A (which is already at the limit for next year) be able to use that scholly for someone who wants to transfer in? Should School B be allowed an unlimited number of transfers in?

Childress looked like the most miserable player I have ever seen play the game. Seriously, saw him crack one smile (Duke game) in 4 years. Why would he want to play a 5th year?

almost nobody here cares about indoor track, but hopefully those athletes are given a chance at another year - the athletes were at the meet when it was cancelled, and the opportunity to win a national championship is a pretty big deal

Yea, this meet cancelled 2 days before the meet was kind of silly. For indoor track, the start lists were already complete, so it's known which people in last year of eligibility were losing their shot at the NCAA championship, and only that handful of athletes should get the extra year. Wake had only the ACC champion womens distance medley relay team in the NCAAs, which (according to godeacs.com) was a redshirt freshman (Amy Harding-Delooze), a junior (Cyndey Delley), a freshman (Aleeya Hutchins), and a grad student (Johanna Schulz). Johanna ran the 1600 anchor and came from 6th to 1st to win the ACC championship by 0.01 seconds.

Wrestling was also affected, and I think the competitors were already established.

Basketball potentially had many more affected in their last year of eligibility, players on those teams that were not already eliminated in conference tournaments and with strong records otherwise that could get some sort of postseason bid. If they grant them one more year of eligibility, it seems fair to allow the last-year players on the sorry teams whose year was completely over an additional year.

However, if they do this, that last year of eligibility has to be at the same school so there's no grad transfer recruiting for the winter sports.

They should just do nothing for winter sports.
And, they need to be very clear that this is an one-time thing. Otherwise, it's creating a whole large, bad, precedent.

Last edited:
They should just do nothing for winter sports.
And, they need to be very clear that this is one-time thing. Otherwise, it's creating a whole large, bad, precedent.

Agree that there should be no accommodations for winter sports. I feel bad for the impacted kids, but unfortunate things sometimes happen that you can’t control. This is one of them.

Back