• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More DS Premium Drama! Deman = NCSCout?

That's the exact cycle. The most recent comparison was a taller Evan Turner. Yup.

Pretty sure DEACONSIG posted the Evan Turner thing, and then Jaybone responded with "Oy, that's quite a jump."

So yea, that's an absurd comparison, but you can't pin that one on Deman.

Also, the NCScout/Deman thing is hilarious. Best part of it is how much both of them emphasize that they have different opinions.

Pretty sure DEACONSIG posted the Evan Turner thing, and then Jaybone responded with "Oy, that's quite a jump."

So yea, that's an absurd comparison, but you can't pin that one on Deman.

Also, the NCScout/Deman thing is hilarious. Best part of it is how much both of them emphasize that they have different opinions.

and they're such good friends that they share a computer, isn't that sweet.

In all fairness, that was me, and the quote was blown out of proportion. Scout mentioned a wing being used to run the offense, and he was the last guy I could think of that did that. I was not saying he was, is, or would ever be as good as Turner.

Although given that nobody seems to have flipped about the Walt Williams comparison, I'm not sure why mentioning Evan Turner causes people to lose it.

BTW, I don't see any big thing about the deman/Scout post. But those who want to freak out about it, go ahead.

Ah, sorry SIG for mentioning the Evan Turner thing again.

Guys, the IP bug is real. It's contagious too, or so I hear.

GottaLuvThatScout!

Deman definitely isn't always sunshine and rainbows in his evaluations of our recruits. He does tend to emphasize the good in his posts and tends to only mention more negative evals in chats and the like. He very clearly thinks much more highly of our 2012 recruits than our 2011 class.

More dramatic happenings on DeaconSports Premium!

Recently a poster claiming to be a long time high school basketball scout known as NCScout started posting! He had good insights on all of our recruits!

Then yesterday evening a post from NCScout came from under Deman's name! Deman tried to blame it on some bug in the system and say that the IP addresses were different, but PremiumDeacon thinks that's #SKETCHY.

The posts in question have since been deleted but the backtracking is still visible!

The cracks in the walls over there are all over the place!

Way to steal my line, you jerk.

Really? The fix for questioning the cover-up is to delete the thread asking about it / moving it to the mod forum? Weak.

Deman definitely isn't always sunshine and rainbows in his evaluations of our recruits. He does tend to emphasize the good in his posts and tends to only mention more negative evals in chats and the like. He very clearly thinks much more highly of our 2012 recruits than our 2011 class.

He got upset a few weeks ago when I pointed out that he's the reason why posters aren't that excited about the 2011 class.

Am I remembering correctly that Deman was decidedly lukewarm on Bzzz's hire after it was first announced? I haven't visited over there in a long time and am wondering what his opinion of Bzzz is now.

Really? The fix for questioning the cover-up is to delete the thread asking about it / moving it to the mod forum? Weak.

Hilarious. They got rid of the multipage thread asking about what is going on and now there are a number of threads asking about the "ip glitch". Guess Bz isn't the only one with a thin skin.

Am I remembering correctly that Deman was decidedly lukewarm on Bzzz's hire after it was first announced? I haven't visited over there in a long time and am wondering what his opinion of Bzzz is now.

Despondent is more like it. Starting with when he was able to verify the story that [Redacted] was Wellman's target.

Despondent is more like it. Starting with when he was able to verify the story that [Redacted] was Wellman's target.

Yeah, its pretty clear that Deman still doesn't think too much of Coach [Redacted]. The best he can say is that he and the staff are working really hard to right the ship. I think he also feels that he can't be honest about what he thinks about Coach [Redacted] lest he receive even less information than he is getting now.

Somebody posted on the premium board before that Deman was not a great moderator. I would probably agree with that. But I do think he is getting far to much grief from some on here. He is being used as a target for whatever folks didn't like about DS, and I don't think that is particularly fair.

Yeah, its pretty clear that Deman still doesn't think too much of Coach [Redacted]. The best he can say is that he and the staff are working really hard to right the ship. I think he also feels that he can't be honest about what he thinks about Coach [Redacted] lest he receive even less information than he is getting now.

I disagree with the bold. I think he's come around on him quite a bit.

I disagree with the bold. I think he's come around on him quite a bit.

I think he has acted as if he has come around on the boards because he feels he needs to do that to continue to obtain information.

But your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Somebody posted on the premium board before that Deman was not a great moderator. I would probably agree with that. But I do think he is getting far to much grief from some on here. He is being used as a target for whatever folks didn't like about DS, and I don't think that is particularly fair.

Deman is the reason I jumped at the chance to be on a new board. He went nuts with deletions and PM's when posters were questioning the quality of our recruits. I find it funny that the folks over at ACC Sports Journal did just that in their article they posted this week. It's not just us on the "lunatic fringe" any more.

Deman was very skeptical.

And what rational person could have been skeptical at the outset and now convinced that Bzzz is the right man for the job. Everything that has happened in our basketball program since he has been hired has been total crap.

Back