• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More heat on Bzz from sports articles

Oh yes I do.

Guys, please don't waste time on any discussion about Buzz at Wake beyond this season. Maybe some of you are just teasing, or trying to prepare yourselves for the worst, but no one could possibly think that Buzz returning is a probability or even a possibility. It's completely absurd.

I'd love to believe you are Ron Wellman but assuming you're not I think this is total bullshit.

What absolutely boggles my mind is that any other BCS team faced with this much horrific losing (especially in stark contrast to where the program was pre-Buzz) would have fired their coach long ago.... that being said, Buzz is absolutely coming back next year because those calling the shots are firmly LOWFFL.

This is the absolute perfect time to hire a good coach. We have a few stud freshmen and we are only losing one senior. I doubt we have a chance with Shaka, etc, but a solid recognized coach wanting to make a jump would love to take a program over this year. If we wait just one year, it will be less attractive.

A few stud freshmen? Maybe one. The rest do some things well and some things not very well. They're decent players, but none are close to being studs. Coaching aside, this group's upside is middle of the conference - that's the upside. Will need a serious influx of talent to contend or approach anywhere near the level we occupied for a long stretch prior to the last three years.

If RW wants to try to restore his credibility, I don't think he'll stand pat with [Redacted] at this rate. If he's looking to retire in the near future, than maybe he'll ride the Bz train all the way down.

Something is likely to be done at end of season correct?

RW almost has to either extend or fire if he doesn't want a lame duck recruiting --- then again with Sheldon in the fold for 2014, and apparently committed to the school/program and not the coach, maybe that gives RW an out to not do anything?

Something is likely to be done at end of season correct?

RW almost has to either extend or fire if he doesn't want a lame duck recruiting --- then again with Sheldon in the fold for 2014, and apparently committed to the school/program and not the coach, maybe that gives RW an out to not do anything?

Great point. He's a lame duck if we "just give him another year". He'll be at the top of every hot seat list from March until November and eventually that will become a negative feedback loop on the program. (I guess it has started perhaps).

Just please let's get rid of him. I hate reading yahoo, espn, etc pointing out the obvious in that Bz was an AWFUL hire.

A few stud freshmen? Maybe one. The rest do some things well and some things not very well. They're decent players, but none are close to being studs. Coaching aside, this group's upside is middle of the conference - that's the upside. Will need a serious influx of talent to contend or approach anywhere near the level we occupied for a long stretch prior to the last three years.

Obviously DT is going to be a solid player going forward. Cody has shown glimpses of amazing talent and has done a good job running the point as a freshman for such a poorly coached team. I think Moto also has the potential to develop nicely into a solid starting acc player. My point basically is that a competent coach could take these freshman to the next level. A new coach would be coming in with some talented sophomores and not have to start from complete scratch. We have seen that they can play at a high level as a team when they play at home, but poor coaching and horrible substitutions are killing them.

And yes of course we need some five stars and a major increase in recruiting power, but a new coach will not bring that day one.

There is absolutely zero chance he will be back. ZERO. I just don't understand how any adult could possibly think otherwise. Honestly.

There's a good chance he gets one more season unless he loses out (or only wins 1 more...something like that...and there would have to be lots of blowouts).

There's a good chance he gets one more season unless he loses out (or only wins 1 more...something like that...and there would have to be lots of blowouts).
I hate this line of thinking. It's like Wake Forest is accepting of mediocrity, and we haven't even been mediocre this year!

I not see anyway possible that Bzd is not back (barring some controversy beyond losing games). Wellman will likely seize upon modest improvement this year and sell it as evidence of the upswing. I imagine that he has already made that decision, and sites off bad the terribly bad losses as a consequence of youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt;
Will a dead hooker fit in the back of a Prius?

I own a Prius...In order to place a dead hooker in the rear, it will be necessary to lay down the rear seats...In that case, there would be plenty of room for Buzzout to lay that dead hooker!

Last edited:
I not see anyway possible that Bzd is not back (barring some controversy beyond losing games). Wellman will likely seize upon modest improvement this year and sell it as evidence of the upswing. I imagine that he has already made that decision, and sites off bad the terribly bad losses as a consequence of youth.

It isn't a given that we will have improved record-wise. Assuming a loss tomorrow we will have to win half of our remaining games in order to have 1 more win than we did last year.

Recently Ron was heard saying he thought Bzz was much further along than he expected. Unreal.

Ron plays things close to the vest but all outward indications are Bzzz has a better chance at an extension than being fired.

I think Ron and his groupies were unduly impressed by the NC State win.

Beginning with the 2005-2006, there have been 11 teams that finished last or tied for last in the ACC. All but three won games against ranked ACC teams. Two of those were coached by [Redacted], the third was Georgia Tech last year.

Last edited:
I think Ron and his groupies were unduly impressed by the NC State win.

Beginning with the 2006-2007, there have been 10 teams that finished last or tied for last in the ACC. All but three won games against ranked ACC teams. Two of those were coached by [Redacted], the third was Georgia Tech last year.

I think Ron's groupie head count has been dwindling this year. It may have an effect on what Bz's outcome is at the end of the season.

Back