• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More HPU students at Thursday's game than Wake students?

DoubleDeacNC

Reaction score
Apparently this hasn't been publicized by HPU, but it's rumored Nido Qubein bought 500 or so tix to the game, and is going to bus the students to the Joel.

Is this rock bottom? If HPU's student section on our home court is larger than our own, is it rock bottom?

Pretty sure they did this the last time they played us, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Didn't know they'd done it before. Last time they played us the Joel wasn't so empty during games though

Apparently this hasn't been publicized by HPU, but it's rumored Nido Qubein bought 500 or so tix to the game, and is going to bus the students to the Joel.

Is this rock bottom? If HPU's student section on our home court is larger than our own, is it rock bottom?

Wake should be grateful to have one person buy a basketball ticket, who cares if it is high point. I have friends who are pulling for Wake to lose in hopes that buzz will lose his job now. I hope high point didn't pay full price. You can tickets for a dollar at hanes mall.

This is very sad shows just how far our program has fallen. Makes me miss the days when Dino was coaching. Any word on when BZZ is out?

I hope we lose.
Quicker death to our current regime

Considering there won't be 50 Wake students there, even 50 High Point students would be completely embarrassing. 500 students would drown out our whole crowd of 2,500 blue hairs and upper deck townies. On that note, why are people still sitting up there? Just move down! We need to cover up the entire upper deck like they do when basketball games are held at football stadiums.

From the press conference so far (Yow)

>Paying Lowe every dime that was promised.
>Single digit coaching list and expects to get one
>Will hire a firm tomorrow or Wednesday for the search
>Will be competitive with the best schools across the country in terms of pay.

It's more discreet to do your finger blasting in the upper deck.

500 HP students? Sounds like they might outnumber all Wake fans, not just Wake students.

Maybe rock bottom after they beat us

Just imagine this scenario, HP wins big and their students rush the court. To me, that would probably be rock bottom.

Can you imagine 500 High Point students jumping around on our court, celebrating?

At this point, its more money coming into the athletic department, so I'm sure they couldn't care less.

Back