• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More HPU students at Thursday's game than Wake students?

My sister is down for trying to get her sorority to do something. I will work on this diligently. Suggestions welcome (and probably necessary since I doubt that these HPU people know of our plight).

Here are some signs

Dino was framed!
Free Randolph Childress.
Our High Point your low point.
Buzz you suck.
Wellman you suck.
Ron Wellman and Bernie Maddoff are cousins.
Heaven's yes Wake sucks.
Wake Forest, you make the tournament and your fired.
Wake Forest, we pay more for losses than wins.
Wake Forest, as long as you lose the right way, we offer eternal job security.

Will any of those fit on a tee shirt?

Last edited:
He's the President of HPU - he's overseen tremendous growth of the University and apparently is some major public speaker.

No there isn't a presumptive reason anyone should know that - but I didn't even think about it when I was told.

Also, yeah I guess the game is Wednesday - I just can't use a calendar apparently.

Is this guy a well-known public figure in NC? Don't get me wrong- I love it when alumni step up like this, especially ones from small schools like HP. Or Wake for that matter...

He's the Prez...he's taken a very interesting model for growing the school and has overseen a major transformation of the campus:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-04-19/bubble-u-dot-high-point-university

Not without criticism:
http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2012/...sity-bucks-budget-trends-and-raises-concerns/

Last edited:
Here are some signs

Dino was framed! Free Randolph Childress. Our High Point your low point. Buzz you suck. Wellman you suck. Ron Wellman and Bernie Maddoff are cousins. Heaven's yes Wake sucks. Wake Forest, you make the tournament and your fired.

Wake Forest, we pay more losses than wins. Wake Forest, as long as you lose the right way, we offer eternal job security.

Will any of those fit on a tee shirt?

You're High Point, our low point.

Just a reminder that High Point completely blows and we will likely beat them. KenPom has us at 207, HPU at them at 271. We shouldn't, and probably won't, lose to them.

Still, Triad bragging rights on the line! Unless you consider Alamance County part of the Triad. In which case, Elon is ranked 20 spots ahead of us at 187. I never thought that would be an enviable position.

Still, Triad bragging rights on the line.

I know this was intended as humor but this is- no shit- where this program is now. Triad bragging rights. I guess the next step down is hoping to beat Winston-Salem State and get Dash bragging rights.

I know this was intended as humor but this is- no shit- where this program is now. Triad bragging rights. I guess the next step down is hoping to beat Winston-Salem State and get Dash bragging rights.

All humor has some truth in it. Sadly this has more truth than most.

Just a reminder that High Point completely blows and we will likely beat them. KenPom has us at 207, HPU at them at 271. We shouldn't, and probably won't, lose to them.

Still, Triad bragging rights on the line! Unless you consider Alamance County part of the Triad. In which case, Elon is ranked 20 spots ahead of us at 187. I never thought that would be an enviable position.

Worse than Elon, clap clap clap, worse than Elon....

I'm a Wake student and won't be attending another game until [Redacted] is fired. There are many other students doing the same.

I'm a Wake student and won't be attending another game until [Redacted] is fired. There are many other students doing the same.

I truly wish every single WF student would do this. I mean absolutely no student show up until Bz is out. Hell, the band should do the same!

I truly wish every single WF student would do this. I mean absolutely no student show up until Bz is out. Hell, the band should do the same!

15 or 20 students isn't that much different from zero. Our weeknight games are pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised to see a tumbleweed blow across the court.

Is there even WF radio coverage anymore?

They've eliminated the Raleigh station completely, so I presumed that IMG just closed up shop for WF entirely.

Back