• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mortal Kombat II

nothing like launching that bicycle kick right after the "FIGHT!", though

Last edited:
big fan of the movie

I think I ended up owning the soundtrack to it as well.

The first Mortal Kombat for Genesis was the first video game I ever bought with "my money". I saved up my allowance. It was sixty bones from BABBAGES in the CROSS CREEK MALL.

I can't remember someone's name 5 seconds after an introduction, but I still remember the mortal kombat blood code.

I can't remember someone's name 5 seconds after an introduction, but I still remember the mortal kombat blood code.

ABACABB?

I remember the "DULLARD code" which unlocked the menu you could customize all kinds of cheats.

This is a great article. This is how I hope I talk about my kids one day.

(I had the boys rank the MKII fighters just to see how their brains worked. Boy B ranked Shang Tsung no. 1. I said, “Shang Tsung is your favorite?” He said, “No, sir.” I said, “Then why do you have him no. 1?” He said, “He’s not my favorite; he’s just the best fighter.” That’s the realest shit he ever said in his whole life.)

The first Mortal Kombat for Genesis was the first video game I ever bought with "my money". I saved up my allowance. It was sixty bones from BABBAGES in the CROSS CREEK MALL.
Right next to McDonald's iirc.

My biggest problem with MK was that Sub-Zero's sick slide move was unstoppable but it was such a tough button combo yet playing against the computer they would do it nonstop.

Raiden was my guy, sometimes Sub Zero

hey_heisenberg_was_this_gif_overused_in_the_bryan_cranston_ama-58107.gif

Right next to McDonald's iirc.

My biggest problem with MK was that Sub-Zero's sick slide move was unstoppable but it was such a tough button combo yet playing against the computer they would do it nonstop.

God I just looked this up. To do that slide it was Back + Low Kick + Low Punch + Block. Who TF could actually do that with any regularity? Was I just a nub?

Per Wiki Sub Zero is the only character to appear in every MK title. Pretty good distinction.

Back