• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Bothersome Wake Forest Development in the last 12 months? Pit/Tunnels Adjace

Danny Manning Buyout revealed?
Losing to LSU in CWS?
Down 17-0 to ODU at halftime?
Dropping to #47 in US News ranking and officially being a Tier 3 university?

Discuss
-hardest pill to swallow, the loss in the CWS when we were oh so close... but its not bothersome in the sense of the others, its just a tough loss to a good team.

-halftime deficit this weekend was rough, but was easily identifiable and fixable. . .
-danny manning extension was a mistake to begin with, so we must now eat crow here, although its to the tune of 10s of millions.
-and it shouldnt surprise us, that we drop in the rankings, when we run away from the things that made us so great. WFU is a far different place than it was 25 yrs ago. you all can discuss the differences at length (probably appropriate in the tunnels, but I will refrain.) But it sure has changed a lot recently, along with our ranking. causality or just correlation 🤷‍♂️, who knows

Florida at 28
Rutgers at 40
Every school in California in the top 30....

Seems politicized a bit.
I’ve read up on this now. My husband has a Masters from Rutgers and we often laugh that he went there. What a gut punch for Wake.

Our alums and administrators simply will not adapt to a changing landscape.

This mentality has left our athletics and our alums income in the dirt.

If there was a category for “staying true to the ‘values’ of the Eisenhower era” we would dominate.

If there was a category for “staying true to the ‘values’ of the Eisenhower era” we would dominate.
How in the world has our athletics program been "left...in the dirt"?

we in fact, would be in last place. . . . lol

many of the values WFU held in the Einsenhower era are non-existent now. that's just the reality

Wake didn’t drop in the rankings because of “going away from what made the school great” but because they changed the formula/ranking system
without sounding like a jerk, because I'm not. . . and other than the "list is rigged" (which I'll give you, it could be) then why are we dropping? what about the formula drops us?

Back