• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most famous person you know in your field

ChicdeaC

Reaction score
The wikipedia thread has me thinking, who is the most famous person you actually know in your field. Having just met this person doesn't count, you have to know them (like they would know your name, you know their spouse's name, pets names, etc.)

If it's not someone in your field, then just the most famous person you know will do.
Mine is probably http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ricklefs
And I love that American Ornithologists is a category and that there is an icon for it.

Not really in my field, but I was development editor for homeboy helping him get a book published at my old job. He's no Al Gore, but he did pretty much invent the internet. PLUS we're friends on LinkedIn NBD.

I went to school with Sergey Brin, and am vaguely in google's "field" so sure.

In terms of IT, I support a Nobel Prize winner for Economics, Ed Presc*tt.

Doesn't he make enough money on his own?

Did he spend his Nobel check on blow and women?

From my band nerd days: George Parks (RIP)
For my current profession: Ken Zick

Also, I occasionally hang out with the most prolific poster in OGBoards history.

I know congresswoman Renee Ellmers; she's probably the highest public-sector employee I know (who knows me).

We basically don't agree on anything.

I worked with Bob Woodruff (now of ABC News) but he doesn't remember me now after getting blown up in Iraq. I was so bummed talking with him at the John Edwards trial last spring. Bob couldn't have been nicer, but I knew that he didn't remember anything from his Richmond days.

I know congresswoman Renee Ellmers; she's probably the highest public-sector employee I know (who knows me).

We basically don't agree on anything.

I worked with her husband when I was in med school. He's a good guy. I met her a time or two and she represents my parents district unless it has changed.

This should go well here- Joey Crawford :)

In a previous life Prince, Dick Martin, McFadden & Whitehead, Bob Matthias.

I worked with her husband when I was in med school. He's a good guy. I met her a time or two and she represents my parents district unless it has changed.

yep, B's a good guy. She's really nice, too- but yikes. We're kind of politically opposite.

This should go well here- Joey Crawford :)

In a previous life Prince, Dick Martin, McFadden & Whitehead, Bob Matthias.

Really? You work in the same field as all of these people and they know you personally? What's Prince's dog's name?

Back