• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most famous person you know in your field

Obviously not with Joey Crawford...but I have known him for over 50 years.

Many years ago I did know them. Used to hang out at the same place as Prince 2-3 nights a week and often shared a table with him. I was working at a studio with Vanity at the time.

A couple of years before his death in 2006, I ran into Bob Matthais at a dinner and he asked me sadly, "are you mad at me?"

I was puzzled and asked him he would say such a thing. It was because I hadn't spoken with him in two months.

He was an amazing and gentle man.

As recently as last year I worked on a project with Rick Barry. We have been in contact enough that I sent [Redacted] info on his youngest son before he went to CofC.

Obviously not with Joey Crawford...but I have known him for over 50 years.

Many years ago I did know them. Used to hang out at the same place as Prince 2-3 nights a week and often shared a table with him. I was working at a studio with Vanity at the time.

A couple of years before his death in 2006, I ran into Bob Matthais at a dinner and he asked me sadly, "are you mad at me?"

I was puzzled and asked him he would say such a thing. It was because I hadn't spoken with him in two months.

He was an amazing and gentle man.

As recently as last year I worked on a project with Rick Barry. We have been in contact enough that I sent [Redacted] info on his youngest son before he went to CofC.

Do you hate his son or something?

RJ was on the bball team with Prince that whooped up on Charlie Murphy.

"Game...blouses"

Nah, it's just that nobody in the Barry family has any inroads with organized basketball. Luckily, Rick remembered that two of his sons played for the head coach at CofC.

RJ was on the bball team with Prince that whooped up on Charlie Murphy.

"Game...blouses"

So here comes Prince and his crew. And these cats...they're wearing the same clothes they had on at the club.
So he took us inside and made us pancakes....

Pancakes.

Pete Coors i guess.

not tied to my field directly: most of the SC senators and congressmen, steve spurrier

Possibly the best college coach not named John Wooden. Nothing to laugh at.

Yeah coach K's dominance in the toughest conference for decades along with multiple gold medals doesn't touch her.... This can't be serious? I mean I know she's an amazing coach and amazing person... But come on

Back