• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Unanimous Coach Firing

Some sunshiners are alive and well on the Facebook group. Headlined by 60+ year olds who think that the ACC is akin to church league basketball.

One guy had the nerve to say Prosser couldn’t do any better than Manning given his situation.....

Good points. I feel like the die-hard hatred for [Redacted] (ie billboards) was greater but there was a larger share of fans who felt a 5th year was not out of the question, and ronnie deserved some benefit of the doubt. This time it feels like the intensity of hatred is less (due to damage / apathy) but the consensus is damn near unanimous.

100%

2 Graduates in 6 years,
1 asst coach in jail for manslaughter
players leaving early with no hope of going to the NBA
Countless players transferred
5 seasons in 6 of at least 18 losses.
EVERY season as a head coach with double digit loss seasons.

100% fire

Serious question...do you think Wake fans were more unified for that?

I think so. I think after Redacted and with the hire of Manning a lot of people just gave up on WFU. I wanted to box up and mail my entire WFU support gear/mugs etc with a check for $0.01 to Hatch but opted to just toss it to Goodwill. Many likely haven't even really watched the Manning era.... They just quit watching all together. I know a few.

People see what they want to see. I have no doubt that certain leadership folks at Wake remember the backlash against Bz and will compare it to Manning's, determining the fan outrage to be lower and support for his firing less unanimous. The reality is that far fewer people actually care now. We're graduating classes and classes of undergrads with no reference to a Wake Forest basketball team that is relevant. Wake doesn't have the alumni numbers other ACC schools do, and it doesn't create non-alumni fans at all.

Some sunshiners are alive and well on the Facebook group. Headlined by 60+ year olds who think that the ACC is akin to church league basketball.

Don't know about Facebook, but I'm 76 and want him gone as much as anyone. I also have a lot of "old" friends that feel the same way.

Don't know about Facebook, but I'm 76 and want him gone as much as anyone. I also have a lot of "old" friends that feel the same way.

I'm 73 and a Wake grad. I want him gone now! And I have friends - who are Wake grads - who feel the same way.

Depends on whether the denominator is total Wake fans now or total Wake fans 10 years ago. If it's the latter - 10% want him fired, 90% dgaf because they checked out a long time ago.

One guy had the nerve to say Prosser couldn’t do any better than Manning given his situation.....

What’s the situation? Dead? I agree that Manning could probably eek by that coaching matchup given Prosser’s situation.

Back