• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Upsetting Loss?

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
I am torn up today, as is clear, about Chris Cornell's passing. It got me thinking about musicians' deaths that have impacted me over the years. If you woke up tomorrow to news of a musician's passing, which death would tear you up the most?

For me, it would be Neil Young.

Last edited:
Well. Neil Young will be a very tough loss for me, but he's kinda old, so it wouldn't exactly be a tragedy.

Yeah, I was not necessarily thinking tragedy. I am just thinking the one which would bum me out the most. Even though Neil is old, I just convince myself he will never die, and he will keep blasting guitar riffs forever.

I'll be pretty sad when Paul McCartney and David Gilmour die, especially since they seem in decent health. Gregg Allman will be sad, but his days have to be numbered.

Probably Jeff Mangum of NMH, becauce he's the musical equivalent of JD Sallinger.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Probably Biebs. Nicki Minaj is a close second. Not seeing those ta's anymore would be a great tragedy.

WVU - 2005 NCAA tourney.

... as for musicians, I don't mean to be callous but musicians passing doesn't affect me nearly as much as other notable people, because if their gift is their music and they've already recorded it and it's out for me to listen to and enjoy, I can continue to do that even after they're gone.

Mikey Houser was definitely the toughest. MCA was up there - listened to alot of Beasties that weekend.

I asked google to play "Needle in the Hay", and out loud said "Fuck, Elliot Smith stabbed himself to death". I'm not in a good head space right now :/

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Isaac Brock, maybe. David Berman and Beck, definitely. Lou Barlow, for sure.

W-S guitar hero Sam Moss.
John Lennon was tough I remember my mom crying
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Back