• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Upsetting Loss?

WVU - 2005 NCAA tourney.

... as for musicians, I don't mean to be callous but musicians passing doesn't affect me nearly as much as other notable people, because if their gift is their music and they've already recorded it and it's out for me to listen to and enjoy, I can continue to do that even after they're gone.

How dare you bring up the much repressed Pittsnoggle game. That game and that Okie St white boy banking in treys hit me much harder than a musician or entertainer dying. So I kinda feel the same way. That said, probably Paul Simon or Ben Folds. Or maybe Garfunkel and Oates.

WVU - 2005 NCAA tourney.

... as for musicians, I don't mean to be callous but musicians passing doesn't affect me nearly as much as other notable people, because if their gift is their music and they've already recorded it and it's out for me to listen to and enjoy, I can continue to do that even after they're gone.
TITCR

Born 1943, not a baby boomer.

giphy.gif

I'll be upset when Page and Plant bite it, but those guys are both old and have lived meaningful lives. The only person I can think of on the younger side that would suck is Dave Grohl, but mostly because he's such a cool dude. I dig FF, but I'm not obsessed.

Bowie was a very tough one for me last year, even though I had started to expect it. Only other one that really ever affected me more than thinking, "that's a shame..." was Jim Henson. Cant think of any living celebs that would hit me hard at this point.

I think Skip's death probably hit me the hardest. He and I were freshmen together, I met him and briefly chatted with him several times, and he was just an all around great guy.

I met the lead singer of Drowning Pool in high school a month or two before he overdosed and that hit me pretty hard too because I had just met him and he was such a cool guy.

How dare you bring up the much repressed Pittsnoggle game. That game and that Okie St white boy banking in treys hit me much harder than a musician or entertainer dying. So I kinda feel the same way. That said, probably Paul Simon or Ben Folds. Or maybe Garfunkel and Oates.

I still don't understand why everybody always talks about Pittsnoggle. The red neck tweeker scored 8 points in that game. Mike Fuckin' Gansey scored 29.

I still don't understand why everybody always talks about Pittsnoggle. The red neck tweeker scored 8 points in that game. Mike Fuckin' Gansey scored 29.

I don't think I've once read a box score or writeup of that game. So I'd have no idea that slack jaw only scored 8 points.

Dylan and Neil Young would hit closest to home for me. Both are 2 of my top 4 favorite artists OAT.

Back