• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Got through two years of [Redacted] and get a big man coach in and he jets??

yeah, pretty odd to put up with Bz for two years, develop into a primary contributor, then get a good big man coach in Manning and transfer. Nothing about wanting to be closer to home/HS, more PT, etc. No school named.

Man, I really really liked Moto. He gave us a lot of toughness inside with rebounding and putbacks. Still a fairly unpolished player but he really improved his FF stroke in year 2, and I really liked where he was headed. Best of luck to you Billy Moto.

Wasn't he [Redacted]'s highest-rated recruit, other than Shelton? I agree having him would have been good this upcoming year.

I'd have to say this was pretty obvious for expert tea leaf readers. In that picture of the team on the Quad at Manning's announcement, the whole team was wearing athletic gear except for Moto, who was wearing jeans. What athlete wears jeans in that environment? Clearly the writing was on the wall and Moto was headed for the exits.

#sarcasm

Last edited:
Not who I was expecting to transfer, but I guess if he sees himself behind McClinton and Cavanaugh at the 3/4 then it makes sense that he'd want to be starter somewhere. Still, would think there were other guys with more of a reason to transfer.

Moto was probs my favorite player on last year's team

Sucks

Good luck to him

Damn good luck. Not the player I would have expected.

Darn! I was really starting to like ol' Billy. He definitely was not afraid to go to the rack.

Oh well.

Losing Moto, McKie, and Coron will definitely hurt us next year. Manning could be looking at a real ugly first season.

Sad to hear this. I was a Moto fan and like so many others here thought he had better potential than some others. Best wishes to him.

This is a surprise. Moto could have been the second coming of Scooter Banks (with a slightly better shot).

McClinton better be solid...

Moto was going to be really good as a senior 6th-man type. Very surprising that he's bailing considering those who are staying. Would love to know the real reasons behind it.

Some team will be very glad to have him. I prolly would prefer he stayed, but we've got serious needs and it's a chance for Manning to fill some holes, so given our short-term outlook anyway I'll wish him best of luck and look forward to who ever it is we may sign.

I loved the guy's energy, but come on...He was undersized for a PF, and couldn't shoot/create well enough for a SF. His defense was mediocre. Yes he could rebound, but if we can't find someone who has 5 foot range, average - below average defense, above average rebounding skills and below average ball handling to replace him, then we are in a lot of trouble.

Would he have been my first choice for a transfer, of course not. I enjoyed the passion he brought to the court, and thought he was working hard to improve; but he is hardly a crucial part of our future. In my humble opinion.

He will be better suited on a team that can create cutting lanes for him where he can catch the ball on his way to the rim rather than putting it on the floor himself. Best of luck to him in the future.

Last edited:
Didn't realize everyone loved Moto so much.

Personally was never a fan of all the elbows.

Back