• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

Id put money on the reason having something to do with another coach recruiting him away from Wake right after Bzz "resigned". Moto has serious potential

Crap, he was one of the only players I feel had really progressed the last couple of seasons.

He's not one of the players I would have predicted to transfer.

He's also not one of the players I would have liked to see transfer. Always thought he'd be a good junior and senior here. Oh well.

My take exactly. Really thought he was coming into his own and had started to develop a jump shot. I also think that he and CMM had the most improvement potential out of all of our players and actually would give a slight edge to Moto in that department. We basically just lost our best athlete, arguably our best all around defender and our second best rebounder...

Id put money on the reason having something to do with another coach recruiting him away from Wake right after Bzz "resigned". Moto has serious potential

Yep. Definitely didn't see this coming. And those of you blowing off his leaving... Think about this, our front court is now Thomas, Cavanaugh, Washington and Rountree with both McClinton and Green basically being Freshman. Moto was definitely going to be an integral part of next season's team, even if for his physicality alone.

Thoughts:

- Despite being 6th in minutes, he was 2nd in rebounds (Cavanaugh's rebounding numbers are very weak for a kid of his size), so, rebounding which was weakness is a bigger weakness;
- Clearly improved from last year as his points, FG%, FT%, rebounds were all up from last year; his FT% really improved during the 2nd half of the season; felt like he was starting to find his offensive game;
- His shooting form is solid; do not be surprised if he is one of the guys that develops are strong outside shot as a junior and senior;
- WF best front-court defensive player; like rebounding, WF will be even weaker on defense now;
- Understood that he was a good student; so, doubt that academic played a role;
- The fact that this came out via the WF website (he is already off the WF roster); shows a general lack of insider info about the program, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but goes to show that we are all clueless about what is going on with the basketball program.

Perhaps this signifies that we will see DT more at the 4. . .probably a better place for him.

I think McClinton ends up at the 3.

Smell-ya-later.gif

HUH? No even close to being as good as Scooter. Shorter, less athletic.....

lol.... OGBoards really on top of things. Hundreds of posts about transfers and we get scooped by the lame @TyeDyeNation official Wake Twitter account. Hot on the heels of our millions of posts about the coaching search and maybe a dozen about Manning before the media Tweets.

lol.... OGBoards really on top of things. Hundreds of posts about transfers and we get scooped by the lame @TyeDyeNation official Wake Twitter account. Hot on the heels of our millions of posts about the coaching search and maybe a dozen about Manning before the media Tweets.

This from the sleuth that broke the JackBurden = OldGoldBeard mystery. Awesome.

Moto was a 6'5" power forward. Mclinton will start at the 3, DT at 4, DG at 5. Rountree can back up Mclinton. Cavanaugh can back up DT. Washington can back up DG. He will be missed but it will not be devasating IF Mclinton and DG are healthy.

I wonder if Manning was just honest with him about his prospects for starting next season.

I remember the first time I heard Moto was probably headed for Wake and went to see him play in high school since I live in Alexandria. He was like a bull in a china shop then, and nothing much has changed. Showed some real signs last year but disappeared just as often. Just such an odd exit with Manning stressing defense and being a strong big man coach.

Maybe he made the decision a while ago but kept it quiet until the Manning hire was old news.

Unless we bring a legit 5 who can start right away, I don't see how this could make us better over the next two years. I know we need scholarships. There were better candidates.

Say what you want about his raw abilities. Moto was a man on a team the desperately needed muscle. He will be missed.

I was impressed with Moto's improved ft shooting. It seemed that he simply made up his mind to improve and he progressed from being really poor to a better than average (for us) shooter. That kind of determination and work hold promise.

But he is short for a 4 and that is hard to over-come.

I heard he hates Manning and the new staff and that he loved Bzz and Rusty.

Back