• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

wfu22fan is keeping a list of all you Rondale haders and when he is a stud he's going to tell you all to get your fucking shineboxes. CAN'T WAIT

Rountree is a "G-F" in what way? I assume by "G" you mean "guard"? How on earth is Rountree an ACC guard?

I believe Manning played three guards a lot at Tulsa, so I would not be surprised to see say, Overton, CMM, and Mitchell on the court at the same time. Rountree to me is a G-F as well.

It's not that 3 guards can't work, but I do get nervous when, historically, our 3 has at the very least served as the go to defensive guy to shut down whatever scoring machine Duke or UNC has at the 2 or 3. I trust a 6'4 - 6'6 (small forward) defensive stopper a lot more than I do a 5'11 - 6'2 (PG/SG) playing SF .

But this may be a debate for another thread.

Probably our best post defender and best athlete. Regardless of whether he becomes a force he is an ACC player and we can't afford to lose those. Always got the sense that he wasn't as tight with rest of the sophs, but he seemed like a good kid who gave great effort, never pouted and never shat on his teammates.

Rountree is a "G-F" in what way? I assume by "G" you mean "guard"? How on earth is Rountree an ACC guard?

He can dribble and he can pass. He has some skills that just haven't been used the last two years. He can also guard guards. That makes him a G-F in my book, or a F - G. So far he is perhaps the worst box out rebounder in the history of the ACC, so I wouldn't want him too close to the basket anyway ;-)

Sad to see him leave. The loss of him will definitely hurt in the short term. One positive is that it does help even out the scholarships if it is used in 2014 or 2015.

He can dribble and he can pass. He has some skills that just haven't been used the last two years. He can also guard guards. That makes him a G-F in my book, or a F - G. So far he is perhaps the worst box out rebounder in the history of the ACC, so I wouldn't want him too close to the basket anyway ;-)

I've always thought Tree has struggled on-ball keeping quicker players in front of him

I've always thought Tree has struggled on-ball keeping quicker players in front of him

He is pretty slow laterally, in the scheme of things. Quick hands and length help somewhat, but dude is not very quick.

Fucked how, pumpfaker?

We just lost a 3-4 who got about 20 minutes a game. We lost our starting 3 who played 30+ a game as well. Where do you get those minutes? Do you think Greg is going to step in and get Travis minutes? Cool. But you still have to replace Moto's minutes.

Again at Tulsa, Manning started three 6'3" guards. Guess how tall Overton, CMM, and Shelton are?

I think my favorite part about this post is jaybone calling TopHat "pumpfaker" because that is what his user title says, not realizing that it is an automated homage to Shoemaker, and not made by TopHat himself.

I think my favorite part about this post is jaybone calling TopHat "pumpfaker" because that is what his user title says, not realizing that it is an automated homage to Shoemaker, and not made by TopHat himself.

How about the creepy ;-) he did in the post after

Let's not get too carried away. Moto was a good player, but not a great player and had not shown the potential to be a great player(All-ACC). Manning can go the transfer route or Juco route to adequately replace him or save the scholly for what should be a very good team in2015-16. There will undoubtedly be more transfers as Manning will mold his team to be in the best position to win this upcoming year. Good Luck to B.M.

Fuuu, this really sucks. Lol at the people saying this really isn't a big deal. Sure, it helps our long-term situation, but the short-term is rough. We just lost arguably our 3rd best player, 2nd best rebounder, and best athlete on a team already devoid of talent. Our expected wins total immediately drops by at least 1. Maybe 2. Our conference schedule is pretty brutal too having to play Duke, State, and UVA twice. Unless we see some significant improvement in summer league or Manning is able to nab a talented postgrad, I'd say 6-12 in conference is the most probable outcome. Maybe 7-11.

It doesn't matter what improvement or "regression" there is in the summer league. It matters fuck all. It is glorified pickup basketball.

Didn't see him as one of the ones to leave. Wish him the best.

His Syracuse dunk was the play of the year for the Deacs. It'll hurt short-term without question.

Back