• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Move the Students

Deac1966

A.W. Hamilton
Reaction score
The football game is played by students for the students. Our students deserve more then being put away in sections 19 and 20. Put them in the center of the action - put them in sections 14, 15 and 16 below the chair back seats. They would be behind the opposing team and directly in the center of the television field of view. Along with the band, the students could really raise hell on the sidelines behind the opposition and motivate our team. Most of those seats are now sold to the visiting team - either sold by the school ticket office or by Wake fans that just don't go too many games. I know it's probably too late for this year but move them next year. They deserve better! Pay attention Ron Wellman -it's not all about money - sometimes it's about the students.

Wake's students have better seats than those at most every other school.

Can't get worse than at the low end of a stadium in the corner of the end zone in any stadium . Back in the 70's we were done by lottery and spread on the West side from Sections 1-9. We went, took dates, drank and stayed for the games. We only won 10 games my entire 4 years with 4 years of Chuck Mills, but students still looked forward to the games and went.

At Wake there's not a true corner seat. Most schools put the students further in the corners and in the endzone.

For basketball, yes most stadiums have better student seating.

As far as ideas go, this is on the same level as the infamous jump to conclusions mat.

Let me say that as a current student I think that our seats are fine. There really aren't any bad seats in BB&T. Also until my peers start wearing school colors than we shouldn't be shown on TV. I'm all for wearing polos or shirts and ties but at least wear school colors or something with the WF logo on it. I saw our student section for the first time during a game (usually I'm in it) and we looked absolutely ridiculous wearing all those pastel colors like Pink and UNC Blue. How hard is it to wear a yellow shirt or a white shirt with a yellow tie. It's really not that hard since I always wore something with a WF on it whether that be a shirt, polo or tie.

Last edited:
Let me say that as a current student I think that our seats are fine. There really aren't any bad seats in BB&T. Also until my peers start wearing school colors than we shouldn't be shown on TV. I'm all for wearing polos or shirts and ties but at least wear school colors or something with the WF logo on it. I saw our student section for the first time during a game (usually I'm in it) and we looked absolutely ridiculous wearing all those pastel colors like Pink and UNC Blue. How hard is it to wear a yellow shirt or a white shirt with a yellow tie. It's really not that hard since I always wore something with a WF on it whether that be a shirt, polo or tie.

This.

Yep. Plenty of other schools rock shirts and ties, they just make sure its their colors. Never understood that about Wake kids.

We're all beating around the actual answer...frat boys think they're too cool for that shit. That's the answer. It goes no further than that.

It doesn't really make sense either in context because most of the biggest Wake fan donors I know that are getting older were in frats. Also frat culture at other schools is to support the team and wear their colors.

We're all beating around the actual answer...frat boys think they're too cool for that shit. That's the answer. It goes no further than that.

It doesn't really make sense either in context because most of the biggest Wake fan donors I know that are getting older were in frats. Also frat culture at other schools is to support the team and wear their colors.

Agreed that they are the main problem, but given that they alone make up ~20% of the student population, they have a big impact on what the student attendance looks like

I was told this was actually supposed to happen this year: Band right on the sideline with students around them.

No idea if they're still entertaining the idea.

Yep. Plenty of other schools rock shirts and ties, they just make sure its their colors. Never understood that about Wake kids.

Hard to work our colors in. You'd either have to wear the banana yellow color shirt, with some sort of tie, or you'd wear a white shirt w/ a black/gold tie. The first looks bad in person, and the latter looks bad on TV.

Back