• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving is such a pain in the ass

Dude. Pay a company to come in and box everything up.

Costs a couple thousand but so worth it.

They send in like 5 ladies and they get to work.

It's actually amazing.

Make sure you set aside your valuable ahead of time which for you would be dead tapes and glass bongs.

They also unpack at new pad.

This is a no brainer.

Staying in the Greensboro metropolitan area. :)

Got movers but we are doing the boxing. We have thrown away/donated tons of stuff. Moving ladies can't do that. Still a pain in the ass.

The night before the day we moved, I popped a show stopping roid.

My wife will never forgive me. I could not move.

That was 4 years ago. Last I ever had. Knock on wood.

Just moved a month ago. We threw out and donated a ton of stuff before the move and even more after the move.

We are planning in this being our house until stairs become an issue.

Now all we have to do is get our old house cleaned up, some minor things fixed and get that bad boy on the market.

Last edited:
We had to move up our move date to the day after closing because the first family who looked at the house wanted to rent it ASAP. We moved on Friday, cleaned on Saturday and after church on Sunday. The rental company took their video and went through it on Monday. The renters moved in on Tuesday.

i hate moving so much. my house has had so many issues, and i'd love to be in a less issue-ridden house, but i'm trying to push off moving for as long as possible, simply because i just don't want to actually go through the move. if i could snap my fingers and be in a new house, i would have already moved.

We have a lot of movement on our street this week. New renters next door a few days ago, and it seems like a new family is moving in across the street today.

Carolina and ECU flags out front of the house across the street, so that sucks. I think the next door neighbors might be from SEC country. Moving truck was from Mississippi, and a car had a UGA sticker.

The move was rough and we've spent a ton over the last month but it's worth it to be in a much better place for us. Now we have room for all of our immediate family to stay comfortably for the boys' birthdays. That's worth it right there.

Have done it ten times with the Army with at least 1, and probably 2, more to go. It doesn't get any easier.

We had some separated wife of the seller being a pain in the arse closing issues. She was supposed to have the signed papers in escrow per their separation agreement, but that hadn't happened. I was informed the day before closing that it might have to be delayed, but we got it worked out where we signed Friday and it will be submitted Monday. Moving tomorrow.

Nothing is worth $200 like having movers.

after the cross-country move, we will never ever do a move without movers again.

the boxing process isn't the WORST and at least right now (pre-kids) I don't mind doing it for just us... and as others have mentioned, it does really help weed out a lot of crap that tends to accumulate. but yeah, once the boxes are packed, i'm totally cool with paying to have someone else come and take that ish away and then bring it right inside at the new place.

It could be worse. I know someone who is moving today in Phoenix. Its currently 110 out and will get up to 116.

A very good friend of mine had his buyer flake after due diligence (and after they had already closed and moved into their new house. The new NC Land Sale Contract essentially treats earnest money as a liquidated damages clause. Spoiler alert: That ain't going to cover your damages. I'm tempted to rent our house for a year or two before we sell it, just so we can avoid going through what he did, essentially, having the buyer have you gimped up over a barrel.

We were able to rent for $250 over the mortgage. Five years ago, I lost $1000 by renting.

If the money works out, definitely wait until home prices look good enough to put it on the market.

Last edited:
Back