• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving is such a pain in the ass

I loved when working for a moving company and everybody would tell me how much it sucked. Bitch... I do this everyday.

We were able to rent for $250 over the mortgage. Five years ago, I lost $1000 by renting.

If the money works out, definitely wait until home prices look good enough to put it on the market.

My friend lost ten grand, easily, with double mortgage payments when he lost his buyer. Contract signed in July, closing day set for late August, three weeks of kinetics with the other lawyer, and their house was back on the market in October. Nobody buys in October. He got jammed.

Yep. To clarify I was down $1000 a month. I think I lost around $20,000 total between time looking for a renter, money lost on the renter for a year, and time before the decision to do a short sale.

The difference in the market between now and 2006 is so huge. I'm in more than twice the house for 100K more yet a lower mortgage.

Back