• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MRS Degree

Brangus

Reaction score
I wrote this in another thread:

"There are plenty of women who still go to college, even an expensive as hell college like Wake, just to get that MRS degree."

Then I realized that while I suspect it's true, I'm in my late 30's and how the hell do I know? What is the take of those 0-10 or so years from graduation....

My daughter graduates from UK in a month. She was JUST talking about this the other day. She can not wait to start her career (entry level Media position with the Warriors), and was saying how many of her female friends don't have anything going on. They just want to get married. So it's still a thing...

this should end well

meh, what's to really debate? Obviously it wasn't my choice, but I do believe there are still plenty of women who go to college and never intend to really work once they get married (if they can swing it).

My daughter graduates from UK in a month. She was JUST talking about this the other day. She can not wait to start her career (entry level Media position with the Warriors), and was saying how many of her female friends don't have anything going on. They just want to get married. So it's still a thing...

I think he was referring to higher education.

:cam:

If that's the case, they shouldn't be taking a slot from a woman who wants to utilize the education.

If that's the case, they shouldn't be taking a slot from a woman who wants to utilize the education.

too bad that's now how the system works.
besides, how can you land a "worthy" husband if you don't go to a prestigious school?

Yeah. Some connected dude won't want public school filth for a wife.

How many men (or women) can even afford to support two people at any point in the first, say, seven years of their career?

Probably 99% of wake grads can say that

too bad that's now how the system works.
besides, how can you land a "worthy" husband if you don't go to a prestigious school?

PSF get freaky. They know they have to work for it.

meh, what's to really debate? Obviously it wasn't my choice, but I do believe there are still plenty of women who go to college and never intend to really work once they get married (if they can swing it).
Which is what most girls across town at "Slam 'em College" are after.

Back