• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MRS Degree

My daughter graduates from UK in a month. She was JUST talking about this the other day. She can not wait to start her career (entry level Media position with the Warriors), and was saying how many of her female friends don't have anything going on. They just want to get married. So it's still a thing...
There's another Wake grad that works for the Warriors in a media type position. Feel free to have your daughter reach out if she's interested in an introduction.

Salem must have been slumping in the late 90's because I don't remember the girls being attractive or fun. And why would a heterosexual girl go to an all girls school to get an MRS? So she can shop various coed institurions? Possibly...

There's another Wake grad that works for the Warriors in a media type position. Feel free to have your daughter reach out if she's interested in an introduction.

21c7b3f9358873927c4eb46135498718.jpg

During my freshman orientation ('79) in Wait Chapel, one of the speakers (I can't recall his name...like I said, this was in '79) actually made reference to the possibility of girls that were there just to get an MRS degree. He went on to say that if they still wanted the sheepskin, just make a check out to him and he'd get them one - much cheaper than what 4 years at WFU would cost. I'm sure, at some level, he was just joking, but just imagine if he said that nowadays. Holy &*^$%#@!

During my freshman orientation ('79) in Wait Chapel, one of the speakers (I can't recall his name...like I said, this was in '79) actually made reference to the possibility of girls that were there just to get an MRS degree. He went on to say that if they still wanted the sheepskin, just make a check out to him and he'd get them one - much cheaper than what 4 years at WFU would cost. I'm sure, at some level, he was just joking, but just imagine if he said that nowadays. Holy &*^$%#@!

http://ia902301.us.archive.org/Book..._jp2/howler1973wake_0073.jp2&scale=4&rotate=0

From the 1973 Howler.

Last edited:
How many men (or women) can even afford to support two people at any point in the first, say, seven years of their career?

seeing as the median household income for the US is about $55k, I'm going to say a lot.

Holy shit. Brangus isn't an OWG in his 50s?

Seriously ! Brangus, this is great news ! Here I've been thinking you were kind of old so the fuck swing might be a little risky for your back or hips or whatever, but actually at your age you should be totally fine !

Back