• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

I also believe the thinking is that stricter gun laws or banning firearms altogether would only hurt the lawful gun owners and do nothing to stop the criminals.

This is the argument the NRA uses, but it is incorrect. How would universal background checks, banning ghost guns, magazine limits, or red flag laws hurt lawful gun owners?

Yeah fucking right. I'm been hearing that bullshit for 20 years. Nothing's going to happen.

We are a blood thirsty society that doesn't think twice about a news report of a child being murdered with a firearm. Gun ownership is based on nothing more than fetish for violence, and my god do we fetishize that shit.

My son is only one years old but when he starts kindergarten I'll tell him to enjoy everyday he has because you never know when some kid will get into a responsible gun owner's arsenal of death and walk into his school and blow his brains out.

This is America after all.

Negative.

Do all of the responsible gun owners in favor of common sense gun laws on here vote for politicians that also favor those? Or do they vote for any Republicans?

I know this uncomfortable to hear for some of you, but anybody that owns a weapon that's only value is that it can kill several people in less than a minute, is probably not a peaceful and decent person. They want the capacity to inflict massive amounts of violence at any time.

Do all of the responsible gun owners in favor of common sense gun laws on here vote for politicians that also favor those? Or do they vote for any Republicans?

I’ve voted a straight D ticket since probably 2014.

I know this uncomfortable to hear for some of you, but anybody that owns a weapon that's only value is that it can kill several people in less than a minute, is probably not a peaceful and decent person. They want the capacity to inflict massive amounts of violence at any time.

Not uncomfortable at all. I'm glad you and many others here judge me by my gun ownership.

What do you own a gun for, if not to inflict violence?

You said a fetish for violence. I do not want nor desire violence toward anyone. What I desire is the right to defend myself if someone who DOES have a fetish for violence comes to harm myself or my family. That's it.

Some of you all live in a fairy tale world and that's fine. It's your right to believe what you want. The same Democrats who push anti-gun laws and are "anti gun" are protected by security/police with......GUNS. I am for stricter gun laws. Let's do it. If they can come up with a way to buckle down on the laws and prevent shitty people from owning guns and inflicting harm on others I'm for it.

You said a fetish for violence. I do not want nor desire violence toward anyone. What I desire is the right to defend myself if someone who DOES have a fetish for violence comes to harm myself or my family. That's it.

Some of you all live in a fairy tale world and that's fine. It's your right to believe what you want. The same Democrats who push anti-gun laws and are "anti gun" are protected by security/police with......GUNS. I am for stricter gun laws. Let's do it. If they can come up with a way to buckle down on the laws and prevent shitty people from owning guns and inflicting harm on others I'm for it.

How many times have you and your family been victimized? How about the other families in your Census tract or neighboring Census tracts? I just want to get a sense of your reality since you're dismissing everybody else's.

Did Sandy Hook in 2012 have something to do with that voting pattern (presumable) change? or was there some other trigger?

It wasn’t directly tied to Sandy Hook but it certainly played a role.

I won’t vote for any candidate that: i) opposes any form of gun control; ii) opposes gay marriage; or iii) supports the repeal of Roe v Wade.

Lol some folks live in a fairy tale world. In the real world meanwhile you’re daydreaming that you’ll get to blow away bad guys attacking your quiet suburb so you and every other real world daydreamer can own a high capacity gun.

Lol some folks live in a fairy tale world. In the real world meanwhile you’re daydreaming that you’ll get to blow away bad guys attacking your quiet suburb so you and every other real world daydreamer can own a high capacity gun.

LOL. Na. Daydreaming that I'll get to blow away bad guys? Yup I daydream daily of someone coming through my front door and blowing them away. Would love for that to happen to myself and my family because you know I'm a gun owner and that's what we do right?

LOL. Na. Daydreaming that I'll get to blow away bad guys? Yup I daydream daily of someone coming through my front door and blowing them away. Would love for that to happen to myself and my family because you know I'm a gun owner and that's what we do right?

The only reason your daydream is a (very farfetched) realty is because you insist on every person having the right to own barbaric instruments of death.

If we all agreed that this was bad and removed them from our society, we would have the minuscule amount of gun deaths that all of other peer nations have. You understand this, right?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country

Police are a “well-regulated militia.” I wish the police were much more regulated. The institution does at least fit within the definition of the 2nd Amendment in ways random schmoes with a dozen guns do not.

If they can come up with a way to buckle down on the laws and prevent shitty people from owning guns and inflicting harm on others I'm for it.

Every other developed country in the world has done this. The US is the massive outlier. In other countries people without guns are not being attacked by shitty people.

People in the US think their gun makes them more safe, but in reality it makes it less safe for them and their family.

Every other developed country in the world has done this. The US is the massive outlier. In other countries people without guns are not being attacked by shitty people.

People in the US think their gun makes them more safe, but in reality it makes it less safe for them and their family.

Gun advocates and anti-gun advocates are both scared of people with guns who shouldn’t have guns. The problem is the gun folks would rather have guns than not have guns. Part of the reason is that many of them are the shitty people who shouldn’t have guns.

Back