• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Is this another one of those threads where jh dances around and never actually puts his own thoughts out there?

I think very few posters here are deeply personally invested in their party affiliation so you can save your hilarious gotchas.

I guess we'll just have to take their word for it, that they are very, very concerned about this issue (just not to the point of passing any legislation).

Timely. Biden's nominee to lead the ATF, a prominent gun control advocate (and also a gun owner), was just withdrawn because no zero republicans support his nomination. He would have been excellent.

Maybe the previous suggestions were just not wide enough for you...how about this:

CNX_Precalc_Figure_05_01_0092.jpg

Since you like pictures, show me one of Nancy Pelosi holding the Speaker's gavel calling the vote on the ban on handguns.

Timely. Biden's nominee to lead the ATF, a prominent gun control advocate (and also a gun owner), was just withdrawn because no zero republicans support his nomination. He would have been excellent.

LOL, BrokenBrain some how thinks the Democrats could go a head and implement a clip size limits, universal background checks, red flag laws, liability insurance, etc., without any GOP support and the reality is they can't even get an ATF appointee past the senate confirmation process.

WokeandBroke, which politicians have you voted for in the past 5 years who have called for any sorts of gun control laws?

Is this another one of those threads where jh dances around and never actually puts his own thoughts out there?

I think very few posters here are deeply personally invested in their party affiliation so you can save your hilarious gotchas.

yes that's literally all he does because he is a shitposter who is desperate for people to interact with him.

Nothing quite so thrilling as a good bad faith gotcha. No evidence? Gotcha! All opinion? Gotcha!! Latest rw talking points? Checkmate GOTCHA !!! All the hurt feelings. No one will listen to my opinions I've been canceled. Snowflake GOTCHA!!!!

Nothing quite so thrilling as a good bad faith gotcha. No evidence? Gotcha! All opinion? Gotcha!! Latest rw talking points? Checkmate GOTCHA !!! All the hurt feelings. No one will listen to my opinions I've been canceled. Snowflake GOTCHA!!!!

It's a "GOTCHA!!" to ask why Dem's actions don't match their words? That's unfair? And I thought I was the poster with the lowest expectations for Democrats...

May I suggest that this thread be renamed and moved to The Tunnels, since it is no longer on topic and has completely converted to a political thread? Also, the best way to deal with trolls is to put them on ignore, so they don't derail the conversation. More people should use this option.

It's a "GOTCHA!!" to ask why Dem's actions don't match their words? That's unfair? And I thought I was the poster with the lowest expectations for Democrats...

we were discussing gun control policy after the most recent school shooting and you dragged this into some weird discussion about Congress hoping to get a bunch of gotchas. But no one here is as invested in their political party as you apparently are so it’s stupid. Disingenuous as well but you knew that. Take your debate to the tunnels where maybe you can get some chuckles from sailor. Otherwise perhaps you’d like to share your own viewpoints.

Since you like pictures, show me one of Nancy Pelosi holding the Speaker's gavel calling the vote on the ban on handguns.

It's been a minute since I studied 2nd Amendment jurisprudence, but I believe a ban on handguns would clearly be unconstitutional under DC v. Heller. So, the fact that Pelosi probably would like to enact a ban on handguns but has not attempted to do it is just evidence of her commitment to our Constitution and the separation of powers.

It's absolutely fair of both sides to ask. But we both know you aren't holding your brethren accountable. Every republican that voted for anyone that kowtows to mitch and kevin are complicit in the damage done to this country by the last 20 + years of the republican party. The last five have only accelerated the destruction.

jhmd has been doing this bit for a decade at this point, too

you kinda lose your claim to arguing in good faith after a certain point

Now they are saying it was just parents fighting - physically

Let me just point out that white-tailed deer population recovery a restoration over the last century is a major success story of local, state and federal government partnerships in regulation and management. Deer were virtually extinct in much of the south east in the 1920's, including North Carolina, and government harvest restrictions, reintroduction programs, etc., have restored populations, almost to the point that deer are over abundant in a lot of places. So to mock government effectiveness in response to a proposed new deer hunting program, is a bit funny. Good joke!

don't you dare start bad mouthing Arthur Morgan

zombie.jpg.67018bc487d54e95d7cb9e3957fa5d21.jpg

My question wasn't a gotcha. My question was a sincerity test. The inaction by empowered Dems rebuts the "no guns; Australia!" crowd's argument. This is a more complicated question than that answer provides. We can't uninvent the American firearm.

Since you asked, I believe in responsible gun ownership. I have a nondelegable duty to protect my family. I have several measures to do that, including the responsible ownership of firearms. I believe in biometric safes and the value of teaching my children about the responsibilities of firearms. In the three generations of my family that I have personally met, every household has owned a weapon (continuously for over 100 years) no one has been shot by a firearm.

I also believe in motor vehicles. My grandfather (a lifetime gun owner who hunted for food throughout his lifetime) was killed by a motor vehicle driven by someone else. I am capable of assessing risk, and I own more cars than I do guns, even after considering the risks of each.

Our society isn't Australia. We are fundamentally different in our beliefs about personal liberty. We also have different levels of violent crime. If I lived in a place where no one else had a gun, I would take a different approach to firearm ownership. But I live here, so I do not.

inb4 posters try to bicker with him on:

(1) the microview relevancy of his family's responsible gun ownership (2) the inadequacy of either American political party here (3) the motor vehicles and gun equivalency

and we get three more pages of big brain shit

Back