• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan's Hot Scoop on the Next Coach

wtf is this a joke

If you can make it past all the Caldwell crap:

Pete Lembo at Ball State knows what it's like to operate with less than bountiful resources. So does Dave Clawson, whose Bowling Green team is playing Northern Illinois tomorrow night in Detroit for the the Mid-American Conference title. My best guess right now is that it's going to be a guy like Lembo or Clawson. Sitting here right now, at 1:24 p.m. Dec. 5, I'm thinking it's going to be one of those two guys.

It's a guess, but it's an educated guess

also, And please don't get the idea I'm pushing for Caldwell's return. I'm not.
Nor do I truly believe there's any way that will happen.

Last edited:
lol @ 88. i'm just saying using the pro-[Redacted] argument for clawson isn't helping. and then you say "he is a winner" when according to your stats he has a winning record at just one school.

I don't know much about the guy, so i could very well be way off base here, but we need some pro-clawson arguments other than those. Looks to me like he's an opportunist who has taken an offer after a stellar season despite a .500 record

Not that that's a bad thing for WFU, it's just tough to look at Lembo's resume and prefer Clawson

also, And please don't get the idea I'm pushing for Caldwell's return. I'm not.
Nor do I truly believe there's any way that will happen.

yeha after reading the article, ok, but why even write that shit

Dan is right about his premise, though. I still think Caldwell is a better coach than he gets credit for at Wake and wonder how he would have done with a better staff. When Grobe came the improvement was noticeable as Dan said. It was pretty well known at the time that Grobe demanded a large increase in resources for staff salaries when he came.

lol @ 88. i'm just saying using the pro-[Redacted] argument for clawson isn't helping. and then you say "he is a winner" when according to your stats he has a winning record at just one school.

I don't know much about the guy, so i could very well be way off base here, but we need some pro-clawson arguments other than those. Looks to me like he's an opportunist who has taken an offer after a stellar season despite a .500 record

Not that that's a bad thing for WFU, it's just tough to look at Lembo's resume and prefer Clawson

I just think he has taken over some very bad teams and turned them into very good teams. He left the cupboard stacked at UR so even London couldn't screw it up. And they are good while he is still there. Bzz's teams don't get really good until after he leaves. THAT is the difference. And it is kind of a big one. Bzz's argument is that he builds the team and it isn't very good, then the next year it is good with the new coach. But Clawson definitely would go to a bigger school in a heart beat if he had a few good years at Wake. He's a very aggressive, dream big kind of guy. He was extremely well-liked here in Richmond. I don't know what went wrong at UT because he is a helluva an offensive mind. I don't know if Fullmer really controlled it and didn't let Clawson open it up like he likes to do.

I just really like Clawson from what I saw up close here at UR. He just has it and will be successful anywhere. He's just a good coach and recruiter. I have no problem with Lembo at all. I think we will be in great shape with either of them, and I think we can get one of them.

He's a very aggressive, dream big kind of guy. He was extremely well-liked here in Richmond. I don't know what went wrong at UT because he is a helluva an offensive mind. I don't know if Fullmer really controlled it and didn't let Clawson open it up like he likes to do.

Clawson got such a raw deal at UT. After Cut left the second time, Fulmer hired Clawson to implement his offense, but Dave was never given the chance. Fulmer was on the hot seat and needed to win immediately. They half assed implementing Clausons system and Fulmer basically never really have him the keys. After one year at the helm, Fulmer gets fired and Kiffin comes in with a whole new staff. Crazy to think how much better off the Vols would be if Clawson had just taken over as HC. Anyways, Sucks for Clawson cause it set back his career being tied to a sinking boat, and a heavy one at that.

The players cramping , throwing up and losing to App St is a microcosm of the Caldwell era. We do not want any more former Northwestern assistant coaches at WFU. Bzz, Wellman and Caldwell used to play bridge together every Tuesday night while at NW.

One of Dan's worst efforts ever. And I'm a fan of the guy. But that was a really silly article.

I would take Jim Caldwell back in a heartbeat.......to coach the basketball team.....has to better than Bz.

If you couldn't figure out DC was joking after about three seconds, then you have the reading comprehension of a five year old.

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny.

The reactions some have to Dan's simple blog posts are crazy.

Back