• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan's Vandy Review & Season Analysis

tbird

Reaction score
Last edited:
Didn't watch the first quarter of a football game that you are paid to cover?

Not sure I'd mention that Country...

Game? What game?? We played over the weekend??

Thought the season ended on Oct 19 after our big win over MD!

He's tight with keeper, so he's probably fine.

Also, that article is terrible. He's too close with Grobe to formulate an honest opinion about what's going on with the team. It wasn't burning shirts that was the problem. He doesn't talk about the option disaster, blowing close games, the fact that our wins look terrible this year, and another blowing by the staff of a promising season while our coaching staff once again throws the team under the bus before taking responsibility (or anybody blaming their beloved Lobo). Dan doesn't talk about the fact that Grobe and Lobo let that one slip away...

Next time just rake leaves, Country...

Last edited:
Grobe got what he wanted Saturday, we got to the 4th quarter with a chance to win it, isn't that all he wants anyway????:sick:

It has been said 100 different ways but our end of game/season misfortunes are much more than depth. We have real coaching problems.

I'm sure he had it DVR'd if there was something he needed to watch.

Hopefully he needed to watch the whole game, live. Because it is his job. Did the Journal just run a game piece written by a stringer or poach it from a Nashville based writer? Because obviously Dan wasn't there.

Shouldn't Dan have been at the game or in the Bahamas?

PUNTING from Vandy's 38 on 4th and 3 - would get most coaches fired.

I think the problem is that Grobe really feels that is the right decision. Honestly the man wants to win, we may post that he doesn't care, but he wants to win. The issue is the way he thinks is the right way to go about isn't working anymore and when it did work it took a special group of players and several good breaks to work. I mean how many times have we had a lead and the offense get opportunity to build on it and we don't, only to lose it at the end. You'd think a coach would learn from that and look at the opportunity with a 4th and 3 on the opponent's 38 to take a chance and get in scoring position, but for whatever reason Grobe still thinks punting and putting on the defense is still the right call. You contrast that with the guy on the other sideline and you see why it was evidently to pretty much all of us what would end up happening last Saturday. My wife texted me during the game Saturday while she was out shopping and asked how the game was going, I texted her back we were up 21-17, but I was sure we'd blow it.

That's just injustice on the cosmic scale.

Back