• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl Tailgate

definitely the cheaper part appeals to me too. plus I don't know if the bars there will sell bottles of Andre. :thumbsup:

I imagine I can fit that in my car. I drive an Accord, it has a pretty big trunk.

I have a road trip grill that I could bring with a few other options, probably not the whole set of gear, because my truck is a pain to drive long trips without cruise.

I would be glad to bring the grill, a few chairs and tables if someone else organizes the food.

Would we need my TV? Are there games on CBS, ABC, etc that day?

We will have a parking pass with our tickets.

definitely the cheaper part appeals to me too. plus I don't know if the bars there will sell bottles of Andre. :thumbsup:

I imagine I can fit that in my car. I drive an Accord, it has a pretty big trunk.

I'm sure nothing will go wrong...

VanOnFireTailgateGrill.jpg

We'll have two firefighters in attendance, a captain and a lieutenant. If something like that happens, we'll both turn in our equipment.

Are hotel/ticket packages being offered for this game through the AD or another site?

If so, can someone post the link?

TIA

I'm probably sitting at home, like a loser. Man, I wish we didn't have family Christmas obligations that weekend.

One of my wife's cousins decided to get married on NYE in SC. Better have liquor at the reception...And I will be in Nashville for Christmas...

#1) How long is the drive from Winston?

#2) What's the cheapest non-rapey hotel near the stadium?

I hope you dont mind an MSU opinion...

LP is not the most tailgate friendly field out there but it can be done. I would think that most will hit downtown Nashvegas and walk across the pedestrian bridge to the game. The best thing about this plan is that it will situate you for hitting downtown after the game without having to fight the stadium traffic. I would not want to leave my car on the stadium side of the river for any period of time after the game.
I look forward to meeting some of you all at the game...And please ignore the idiots that will certainly come crawling out of the woodwork, I am sure you will find that most MSU fans are very cordial and are out for good football and a good time!!!

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/tennessee/nashville/ramada-limited-at-the-stadium-downtown-nashville/hotel-overview

drew - there's a link to the closest/cheapest hotel. It is literally adjacent to the stadium lot on the east side of the Cumberland River. It's not HORRIBLE, but you'll definitely get better quality on the downtown side of the river (at a higher cost). Cheapest downtown may be the Sheraton or Doubletree - haven't shopped it in awhile.

As for the drive from W-S, I live in Nashvegas but my family is in W-S, and I routinely make it in 6.5-7 hours. I've done faster, but wouldn't recommend what I did to do it. IF there is bad weather in the mountains and you're cautious, I'd take 52 to I-77 North to Wytheville, then I-81 South to I-40 West outside of Knoxville - honestly not THAT much difference.

As for the tailgating/bar discussion, as a local I would highly recommend the bars downtown and walking over. Yes, it may cost a bit more - but the downtown bar scene is fun, you've got tons of options at many price ranges, and getting to the stadium and back is easy and way better than hanging in the lots dealing with traffic.

My 2 cents. Look forward to seeing the right black and gold all over town later this month.

Hell no. Do not stay at that ramada. I stayed there in May and it is one of the top 5 sketchiest hotels I've ever stayed at.

Stay near Vanderbilt. Area is nice and it's a straight shot to downtown/the stadium. Not walking distance though.

What is the parking situation downtown? As a country boy from the mountains, I could get overwhelmed in the big city. :confused:

hmm if I have volunteered to transport someone else's grill and other tailgate accessories, I might need to buy a parking pass.

based on some of the comments on this thread regarding not leaving one's car on the stadium side of the river, and the mess of traffic, that becomes less appealing to me.

Last edited:
What is wrong with parking on the field-side of the river?

Wake parking passes will be in Lot R.

parking-chart.gif

Hell no. Do not stay at that ramada. I stayed there in May and it is one of the top 5 sketchiest hotels I've ever stayed at.

Hahaha. It is def on the bottom of the barrel, but I was trying to give drew his cheap option. It's WAY better, believe it or not, than the Stadium Inn that is also on the east side of the river. Although, you might catch some local pro wrestling in the conference room at the Stadium Inn!

Back